Mechanical side of the RAC...

Hi,
I'm interested in applying for an RAC regiment within the next year.
I have no mechanic experience and I'm not exactly interested in fixing things.

Would an armoured regiment be for me or is it basic mechanics and is it easy enough to understand.

Sorry if this is a stupid question!
Thanks,
Jenson.

RAC just break the tanks/armoured vehicles

REME fix them

Hope this helps
It was that exact attitude that kept me employed for years; as a cabscab (driver) you will be expected to stay up with the Fitters whilst the rest of your crew flatback in their scratchers.

Good luck :party:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Apropos of not a lot.

15/19H were one of the last cavalry regiments to be mechanised in 39-40. There was no REME. Technical and servicing documents for every new tank model received were written by a Captain Grylls 15/19H, grandfather of Bear.

End of the war, Major Grylls was detached to lead a team of Nazi hunters.

Apropos of not a lot.

15/19H were one of the last cavalry regiments to be mechanised in 39-40. There was no REME. Technical and servicing documents for every new tank model received were written by a Captain Grylls 15/19H, grandfather of Bear.

End of the war, Major Grylls was detached to lead a team of Nazi hunters.
As many will know (or maybe not) the Royal Warrant to enable the forming of a Technical Corps was signed in May 1942. REME was formed on 1st October 1942, Regimental tradesmen and Artificers from the Royal Artillery and The Royal Service Corps were moved into this new organisation. The mandate was to keep the equipment in the hands of the user, something we have endeavoured to do throughout our history (despite lack of spares and ineptitude in the chains of command)

Arte et Marte (by Skill and by Fighting) or more commenly "twist to open"