Meccano (James May now on)

Worm gear.

Phwoar!

ABrighter2006 said:
The Number 10 kit!
The bar stewards that owned a No 10 kit can boil their heads! Middle class ********s :D

plaster said:
lego every time :p,, :twisted:
...and look where it got us. :D

as 12volts has so eloquently put it!

...take it you never had the joy of big boy's Meccano plaster(?) - or Bridging as the Gods of Bridging would phrase it - I wonder how many have joined the RE having started their love of engineering from playing with their Meccano kits?

Lego? - It's Danish ffs and it's not alcoholic.

[walks away muttering] :)

Sir, please Sir, SIR, I remember Bako. Not as good as Meccano by any means, but those metal rods had a certain lethality about them, so 6/10 for the two fingers up to HSE.

Meccano was ace. Kids these days (harrrumph) don't even know what a differential drive shaft is, let alone build one (double harrrrumph)

:drool:

12volts said:
Sir, please Sir, SIR, I remember Bako. Not as good as Meccano by any means, but those metal rods had a certain lethality about them, so 6/10 for the two fingers up to HSE.

Meccano was ace. Kids these days (harrrumph) don't even know what a differential drive shaft is, let alone build one (double harrrrumph)
Yesss ... Bayko, or whichever. Irritating plasticky stuff. And you could never get the sodding roof to slot into place.
AND ... BrickPlayer, with trowel and floury-cement. That was serious. Proper bricks and metal window frames.

Meccano was the Daddy, but my Daddy tended to monopolise it for himself. :lol: