Meccano (James May now on)

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BoomShackerLacker, Nov 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Worm gear.

2. The Number 10 kit!
  3. lego every time :p,, :twisted:
  4. Fleece stockings? I’m with you there...........

Bugger you said worm not warm.
  5. Possibly a generation thing but- I had the Army kit , still the same Meccano but painted green , all still in the loft somewhere .
    Clock work motors too !
  6. The bar stewards that owned a No 10 kit can boil their heads! Middle class ********s :D
  7. It'll get nicked.

And the chief architect seems to be a pikey "D'ya like dags, Jim?"

8. Fu ckin' poof !!! :)
  9. ...and look where it got us. :D

as 12volts has so eloquently put it!

...take it you never had the joy of big boy's Meccano plaster(?) - or Bridging as the Gods of Bridging would phrase it - I wonder how many have joined the RE having started their love of engineering from playing with their Meccano kits?

Lego? - It's Danish ffs and it's not alcoholic.

[walks away muttering] :)
  10. Lightweight! I made much bigger structures with my kids using Duplo.

(Meccano was best but does anyone still use Bako?)
  11. Sir, please Sir, SIR, I remember Bako. Not as good as Meccano by any means, but those metal rods had a certain lethality about them, so 6/10 for the two fingers up to HSE.

Meccano was ace. Kids these days (harrrumph) don't even know what a differential drive shaft is, let alone build one (double harrrrumph)

12. Wah sheild up: Duplo is Lego. Wah sheild down
  13. My elder brother had one of those for his 8th birthday..

When I was 8 I knew not to put it straight into the mains.

I suspect the two are related
  14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Yesss ... Bayko, or whichever. Irritating plasticky stuff. And you could never get the sodding roof to slot into place.
    AND ... BrickPlayer, with trowel and floury-cement. That was serious. Proper bricks and metal window frames.

Meccano was the Daddy, but my Daddy tended to monopolise it for himself. :lol: