Mecca Time

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by cromach, Apr 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If they want Mecca time, they can fcuk off to Mecca. Simple really.

We didn't own 3/4 of the planet just to let some flip flop wearing bedwetter try and change GMT now did we.

2. Well, I suppose it marginly beats, "STOP! Hammer Time!".... :roll:

3. I still believe that there is a lot more of pink on the global map than anything else.

Tell those mother fuckers that wear laundry on their heads it's washing day, I've got the machine.

4. "He said the English had imposed GMT on the rest of the world by force when Britain was a big colonial power, and it was about time that changed."

Yep ! So when the muslims own 3/4 of the planet, then we can perhaps have a rethink. Until then, ooops not the NAAFI Bar. Until then, errrr NO.

5. And apparently they have proved it scientifically. :roll:

Now all they have to do is prove scientifically that there is a big fairy who lives in the sky and who rewards you when you're good. Like Santa but for grown-ups.

6. If they do, do you think they'll spill that the 72 virgins you get for blowing yourself up are all 4 year old window lickers in leg irons?

7. I've decided it's a good idea to set my watch forwards 3 hours just in case. :wink:

8. PMSL, don't thing it will catch on, wonder if MC hammer will sue for copyright :D

9. Scientists who base their findings on a religeous belief. :roll:

Not much of a conflict of interests there then.

Or

"We can make the koran say anything we want to ensure the populous is kept in its place"

In Western society, we call it bollox or David Ike.

I'm hoping the oil dries up soon so the sheep herders can go back to eating sand flies and the rest of the flip flops poke off back to the dark ages without the West having to take them semi-seriously.

10. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

A geologist - a scientific man one would hope - argued that since Mecca is aligned with magnetic north that Mecca is the obvious choice.

Have they not realised that magnetic north changes with time?

The paucity of rational argument beggars belief.

However, it is a very interesting reflection of how the religious ideology of Islam perceives its place in the world - as its very centre.

11. If he does, I'll use the Big 'C' defence - dyslexia - and say I meant 'Hamer, Norway'........ :roll:

I blame the jews for all this! Let me explain..... If Moses had turned right instead of left after crossing the Red Sea, the jews would have the oil and the arabs would have all those fcuking oranges!

12. At the risk of sounding stupid, what's magnetic north got to do with time? :?

Edited to add: I doubt the centre of the world has very many mosques (or any other building for that matter).

13. Presumably, everywhere lies on a line between the two poles!! I vote that we should go for somewhere different like Lagos.... Bugger, that's GMT too!

14. I have just balanced a compass on my John Thomas and it too is in perfact alignment to "Magnectic North". I would now like Greenwich Mean Time to be changed to "Von Harley Ccok Time". Ladies, be warned this change is coming :D