Meat mincer/grinder/sausage maker.

Im thinking of getting some sort of mincer/grinder and have thought i may as well get one of the things which can make sausages as well . Any experince or suggestions ?

Im thinking of getting some sort of mincer/grinder and have thought i may as well get one of the things which can make sausages as well . Any experince or suggestions ?
Have you tried using the medium of a cash / product swap in a place called a butchers?

Im thinking of getting some sort of mincer/grinder and have thought i may as well get one of the things which can make sausages as well . Any experience or suggestions ?
I would respectfully suggest that you look at buying two separate machines:

1. Mincer/Grinder, preferably hand operated as electric ones for domestic use are very poor quality - a geared up low powered motor is the most common fault unless you are willing to pay in the hundreds of Euros for a semi-professional machine.

2. Sausage Stuffer - there is only one make, Weschenfelder. Based in Middlesborough, England. Mine cost around 200 Euros and came with a set of 6 nozzles of various sizes. This company also supplies casings at very reasonable prices.

Need more information - please PM me

Emsav

Didnt realise the sausage thread morphed into a make your own thread . Really want to know if the sub £100 electric things you can get from argos etc are any good for making own stuff to A} save money and B] so i know what im eating . Ive got a few old skool books on butchery and stuff and just want to know if anyone uses any of these type of machines . don't really want to buy a industrial german job just for occasional use . seems a bit OTT for my situation .

ugly

LE
Dont waste money buying cheap leccy mincers, if you are making 100 pound or so a year, buy a porkert hand mincer and get a good stuffer, my stuffer is from ascott small holding supplies and like wedenfelder supply everything needed. Now if you make 40 or 50 pounds a month buy the really goo ones but get £200 out of your account and when you are bored with it sell it on here!

My experience is I bought an electronic type machine. Bloody thing gets all jammed up with sinew and has been on the back shelf for far too long. When I get round to it I shall get a hand wound jobby and use my expensive toy just for stuffing meat into entrails. One day....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ArmySurplusSpecial The NAAFI Bar 2
armourer The NAAFI Bar 3
wotan Multinational HQ 5