Measuring Distance/Time Device

Does anybody know of a Gucci device which I can put a distance and the time I want to achieve it in, which then works out if you're on time etc?

I have struggled alot with my tabbing until recently, so once a week I do a CFT, just the same route becomes a bit boring after while! Would be good if I could just go off in any direction and it do all the maths for me.

Cheers,

Alsacien

MIA
StabOfFire said:
Does anybody know of a Gucci device which I can put a distance and the time I want to achieve it in, which then works out if you're on time etc?

I have struggled alot with my tabbing until recently, so once a week I do a CFT, just the same route becomes a bit boring after while! Would be good if I could just go off in any direction and it do all the maths for me.

Cheers,
Any decent handheld GPS will let you put in target waypoint and give an ETA run down and distance to do.

StabOfFire said:

Cheers,
As you are a STAB try using a calender to calculate your CFT time.

I knew I was right to hesitate before posting this! B*stards!

Yeah the 2009 calendar has ceased working, will have to wait to use the 2010 calendar, just need something in the meantime.

Cheers for the links BC.

Alsacien

MIA
StabOfFire said:
I knew I was right to hesitate before posting this! B*stards!

Yeah the 2009 calendar has ceased working, will have to wait to use the 2010 calendar, just need something in the meantime.

Cheers for the links BC.
Winter solstice at Stone Henge is just before Crimbo - you can check your progress at Summer solstice next June :wink:

If you want a bang-on accurate device and don't require GPS - Garmin FR60 with Footpod. £135 on Amazon. Wife bought me it for my birthday to help with marathon training and I can attest to it's greatness:
- 98% accurate out of the box (easily calibrated)
- can be set to metric or Ye Olde Mile
- measures pace &/or speed

Perfect for running/tabbing

I got a NIKE + sensor this week and have been totting up the miles.

The only remit is that you need an IPOD NANO (any model) or a IPOD 3GS phone to make it work.

You do not have to buy Nike + shoes as you can buy a sensor holder on amazon for about £5.

It has worked brilliant for me and is really easy to use.
It has numerous settings you can use by time/distance/calories. Or you can just use basic and it gives you a result of time, distance, speed per mile and calories.
It has a voice feature that when you are running can be pressed and it will give you your current time since the start and distance.

When completed it holds up to `122 run results. You can also upload them to itunes and nike for recording and additional results.

ONLY COST ME £25 TOTAL FOR SENSOR, TRANSMITTER AND POUCH.

Good motivation

Ive heard nothing but bad reports about the NIKE + BAND.