Measuring Distance/Time Device

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by StabOfFire, Oct 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know of a Gucci device which I can put a distance and the time I want to achieve it in, which then works out if you're on time etc?

I have struggled alot with my tabbing until recently, so once a week I do a CFT, just the same route becomes a bit boring after while! Would be good if I could just go off in any direction and it do all the maths for me.

Cheers,

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Any decent handheld GPS will let you put in target waypoint and give an ETA run down and distance to do.

3. Map, brain and a watch usually covers it.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Ya old fart - he said Gucci :D

5. The watch is water resistant to 2 feet mate; can't get much more gucci than that :D

6. As you are a STAB try using a calender to calculate your CFT time.

7. Outstanding

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Can be tricky figuring out where Mickey's hands are pointing when salty sweat is making your eyes water though :wink:

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Must admit that that raised a chuckle.

10. I knew I was right to hesitate before posting this! B*stards!

Yeah the 2009 calendar has ceased working, will have to wait to use the 2010 calendar, just need something in the meantime.

Cheers for the links BC.

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Winter solstice at Stone Henge is just before Crimbo - you can check your progress at Summer solstice next June :wink:

12. If you want a bang-on accurate device and don't require GPS - Garmin FR60 with Footpod. £135 on Amazon. Wife bought me it for my birthday to help with marathon training and I can attest to it's greatness:
    - 98% accurate out of the box (easily calibrated)
    - can be set to metric or Ye Olde Mile
    - measures pace &/or speed

Perfect for running/tabbing