Measured Run

Alright, looked on Google Maps and have mapped out a route that is 1.6 miles total. When my sniffles go away and I can breath again, I will start running the route from my doorstep and see how long I can do it in. I did the route about 2 months ago (while I was slightly fitter than I am IMHO and wasn't sitting on my arrse for ages) and I think I did it in about 11.30-12.00 minutes, albeit it was with MUSIC so my breathing was natural and so on :p

So, there's the prospectus for the forthcoming months, cause the six miles in the first week of college thing is quite scary :p

I'll keep you updated :oops:

143 posts in 6 days? jesus....

And sure start with 1.6, but as you progress you have to increase the distance, train for 3+ miles and 1.5 will seem like a stroll in the park - I do a hard 3 mile course at 7 minute mile pace 5 nights a week, with fartlek training 2 times a week during the day, 8 * 100m. And it was all parroted from people on these forums, i'd recommend you pay attention to their advice aswell ;)

Hmmm, and I post a lot cause I like to take an active participation with the board :p That and the fact i'm unemployed but sorting out a job soon ;)

I don't think i'll be running 3 miles 5 nights a week just yet :p I'm gonna wait till college to step it up a notch