Measured Run

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Matthius07, Jul 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright, looked on Google Maps and have mapped out a route that is 1.6 miles total. When my sniffles go away and I can breath again, I will start running the route from my doorstep and see how long I can do it in. I did the route about 2 months ago (while I was slightly fitter than I am IMHO and wasn't sitting on my arrse for ages) and I think I did it in about 11.30-12.00 minutes, albeit it was with MUSIC so my breathing was natural and so on :p

So, there's the prospectus for the forthcoming months, cause the six miles in the first week of college thing is quite scary :p

I'll keep you updated :oops:

2. 143 posts in 6 days? jesus....

And sure start with 1.6, but as you progress you have to increase the distance, train for 3+ miles and 1.5 will seem like a stroll in the park - I do a hard 3 mile course at 7 minute mile pace 5 nights a week, with fartlek training 2 times a week during the day, 8 * 100m. And it was all parroted from people on these forums, i'd recommend you pay attention to their advice aswell ;)

3. Hmmm, and I post a lot cause I like to take an active participation with the board :p That and the fact i'm unemployed but sorting out a job soon ;)

I don't think i'll be running 3 miles 5 nights a week just yet :p I'm gonna wait till college to step it up a notch