ME Govts want USA to stay in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pork_Pie, Apr 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guardian Article

Interesting, if not overly original, article about why just about every ME Govt wants the USA to remain in Iraq.
  2. It's interesting. So al-Qaida dreams about USA to remain in Iraq. Maybe highly esteemed, learned mr.Bush is in fact an agent of al-Qaida?

So early withdrawal would be regarded as an American defeat but according to this logic late withdrawal would be a victory?

Yes, especially Iran. The Iranians use every possibility to urge the americans not to leave.

Such an idiot...
  3. Sergey it isn't a choice between an early or late withdrawal, its a choice between leaving a job unfinished or staying to try and solve the problem. Whether the Americans succeed is another matter.
    I can understand Syria being keen for Al-Qaeda to be kept busy in Iraq ,with the goverment run by an Islamic sect considered heretical by conservative schools of Islamic thought and the way Christians are seen as friends of the state while The Islamic brotherhood are ruthlessly suppressed. I can see Syria been ripe for a Sunni uprising inspired and supported by Al-Qaeda.
  4. Yes, they figure if the US are stuck in Iraq, then they are less likely to mess up anywhere else!
  5. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  6. Before dismissing Sergey's analysis out of hand Guru , why not try googling Professor Agha's previous statements on the Middle East, especially the one he's most actively concerned with , Israel-Palestine?

I'm not saying Sergey's cynicism is justified , but the simplest look at American foreign policy and the aggressive statements coming out of this administration concerning certain ME states , let alone Rice's hamfisted squandering of every opportunity presented, leads me to take this analysis with a small mountain of salt.
  7. Before I discovered Arrse, I campained against King Georges Iraq adventure on other boards.
    Now having created a clusterFCUK beyond anyones, except maybe Sadams expectations, I belive our American cousins are stuck in there for the duration. No cut and run like Nam selling your installed comrades in the shiser.
    Will there be sum Throat Slitting when Jonny goes marching Ome.
  8. If the author believes that the job is doable then my extimate of his mental abilities is moreover correct. Though... I'm not right. The man is not an idiot. I doubt that he himself believes in what he writes. Rather he thinks that the readers are idiots.
  9. I find analysis made by our friend Guru extremely interesting and very much appreciate his keen and attentive approach. His impressive manner to express own thoughts is outstanding.
  10. Would these be the same ME governments that the US normally criticises as undemocratic? As in, "Israel is the only functioning secular democracy in the Middle East"?

Shome mishtake, shurely?