ME C3S - Question

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by PoisonDwarf, Apr 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys. Honestly this isn't a wah.

I have had a look at the Corps webpages reading through some of the information on the C3S trade but it's awfully vague on what the job actually entail and more importantly the scope of employment. I work in the R SIGNALS IS trade, so I know a reasonable amount regarding who I think does what jobs in general throughout the deployed battlespace.

Can anyone tell me typical C3S jobs from Spr to WO? I'm happy for anyone to respond by PM if need be. I'm trying to do some comparison exercises between my corps and others, mainly because I have a number of trade training responsibilities and I am also mapping a whole bunch of so-called "competencies" on the national skills framework.

Sorry if I'm grossly oversimplifying here, but the trade seems (to me) upon first inspection to be virtually identical to an infantry signaller, pretty much running VHF and HF radio systems, although I'm not sure whether there is a Bowman App Spec role or other non-radio roles. Is it just a RE variant of a Battalion's Regt Signals Platoon? Cheers for any advice. There's no dodgy stuff going on, honest! :wink:

Cheers

PD

2. find greasyjoe & pm him.

3. He's here!

4. Sprs/ LCpls: Brews! and all the other cak
    Cpls: The daddies...they run the show!
    Sgts/ SSgts: Tell the Cpls what they would like to happen!
    WOs: Sit in a nice office and soak up the kudos of having good fullscrews!
    :D :D :D :D :D
    Just kidding!
    Give me a PM and I will give you a brief low down!

5. Seen!

Bloody hell you guys must hate your wives too, on ARRSE at this time on a Saturday [/sorry luv...only joking]. :oops: :D

Greasyjoe, I'll PM you later. A few things to do at the moment.

Cheers again

PM

6. It's poo!

7. I wondered when one of you would fess up!

8. Yet another well thought out considered response from our resident expert on all things bright and beautiful :roll:

There are BOWMAN pressel switches that have spent longer being pressed than a certain people have been in the army :wink:

9. Basically everyone relies on the sappers. LCpls and above feel that since the Sappers are doing such a great job, but feel, they need to use their rank, so they will ask us to make brews for everyone. C3s control the war.

10. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I think that the poor boy has become deranged whilst he has been away.

12. Well there you go Poison Dwarf, the cream of the Corps C3S, hope that goes some way to answering your question :roll:

It appears he is very good a BATCO, or maybe it’s SLIDEX / MAPCO because I for one haven’t got a f*cking clue what he is prattling on about :x

13. Ha, we have the same with my mob too! :roll:

14. not like NT you have'nt they broke the mould with him. :wink: :D :wink: :D

• Like Like x 1