McNabs Tour of Duty**New Series**

Tuesday, 10 June 2008, 10:00PM - 11:05PM ITV4 (Sky Ch 120)

McNabs Tour of Duty

raq and Afghanistan have their Alamo moments. Sometimes a soldier must defend against enormous odds and huge amounts of fire. When there’s nowhere else to go there is no choice but to fight.

This episode tells the amazing story of the Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment who spent four months under constant barrage of mortars, RPG’s, machine guns and small arms in Al Amarah, south of Baghdad, Iraq. How does a soldier live under this strain? We find out from the soldiers themselves.

We also hear from the US marine sniper who came under siege not only from the enemy forces but also from his fellow marines whilst perched on top of an oil tank in Latifiyah, Iraq.
Did he do what Kemp done & went there to see it first hand or did he just 'narrate' the programme?
Anyway,should be good.

McNab served, so that's not really the issue is it? Not sure anyone can criticize him for not having been in a few hairy situations, regardless of B2Z.

The great thing about Kemp is that he is a reporter/actor doing it, which is an entirely different ballgame.

Edited as pressed submit too early...

Two page spread on this in June's Soldier magazine which says that he uses videos, pictures and first hand accounts from soldiers to look at the challenges facing troops today.

So whilst this suggests that it might be narrated the article does mention the time he spent in Basra with The Rifles so should be coupled with some recent knowledge gained on the ground.

Never heard of this, bet it will be good though, also from the looks of it he will just be narrating stories. He was in teh stan for 6-8 weeks in 06 with 4 rifles i belive??

Dr_Chris said:
McNab served, so that's not really the issue is it? Not sure anyone can criticize him for not having been in a few hairy situations, regardless of B2Z.

The great thing about Kemp is that he is a reporter/actor doing it, which is an entirely different ballgame.

Edited as pressed submit too early...
Agreed,
I think my point was you'll get people saying that he (McNab) took the soft option by not going but then again,coming from 'them' is nails enough despite B2O.Anyway,at least it's not done by a war 'correspondant'.

If you've served in THEM I think you can be forgiven for going on to take soft options later in life :D

Though as people have said, he went to 'stan with 4 Rifles for a while, so he's still in for a bit of fun.