McGuinness gives advice

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Howayman, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shia Militia's getting advice from Martin? Something is seriously screwed up...

It's going to

a. Aid the reconcilliation process...

b. Drag it out for the next 30 years...
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Heard it on Radio 4 this morning. Martin the Statesman. The circle is complete.
  4. Howayman - where did you get this??
  5. I just heard it on BFBS news. Terrorist speaking to terrorist :?
  6. Say what you like about the guy, and I am no fan, but he is certainly not a fool and he has been on the inside of an insurgent organization for a long time and is now a politician. If anyone knows how to make that transition, I'm pretty sure it's Martin McGuinness.
  7. Feck me, it's like Gary Glitter giving advice on child safety!
  8. 8) It takes one to know one 8O
  9. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Did he follow these handy tips in the 70's and 80's?

1 Resolve political issues through non-violence and democracy.

2 Prohibit use of arms while in talks.

3 Form independent commission to disarm groups in verifiable manner.

4 Accept results of negotiations.

5 End international interference.

6 Commit to protect human rights.

7 Assure independence and effectiveness of the law and courts, especially constitutional court.

8 Full participation of all parties in political process and governance.

9 Take all steps to end violence, killings, forced displacement and damage to infrastructure.

10 Establish independent body to explore how to deal with the past in way which will unite nation.

11 Support efforts to make political process successful and to protect Iraq's unity and sovereignty.

12 Participating groups commit to principles as complete set of rules.

Whilst in Iraq I heard a rumor that many of the ied's and subsequent follow ups bore not a passing resemblence to tactics used in the province and that maybe some information had been subcontracted out by certain groups

Continuing this theme next week Peter Sutcliffe lectures B&Q staff on "how to get the best out of your hammer"
  10. May I suggest we send Paisley and McGuinness to manage the whole of Iraq. It may lead to some interesting murals "Welcome to Free Bagdad!"

sorry that was sick
  11. That is the best discription for McGuinness that I've ever heard. :lol: Brilliant, now can i have my cuppa without spilling any more :)
  12. I think that if the Shia Militia want an expert on how to play the game of gaining power whilst making the transition from Insurgent to members of the local government, he's the ideal man.

He managed to play all sides of the game and is now sitting very prettily as a statesman. Can't stand the fecker but he certainly knows how the game is played...
  13. If it keeps the cnut off the streets and out of trouble I'm all for it