Mcdonalds turns away poppy sellers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by semper, Nov 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. disgusting or what ?
    2 young cadets have been turned away from McDonalds for selling poppies, after the "McLibel case" you would have thought McDonald would know a thing or two about Public Relations maybe they prefer to produce "Hitler Burgers" and "Geobbels Big Tasty" :evil:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4003945.stm

2. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

right, in future i'm going to burger king. :evil:

3. I never went to McDonalds anyway, it's utter shite in that place, the staff don't even know the difference between a burger and fries.

4. That's disgusting.... so it matches the food :?

5. "because they were "taking trade" from the burger giant."

Didn't know cadets had their own burger vans? Don't see how standing outside would take trade, half arrsed resaon to move anyone, nevermind poppy sellers.

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

If the cadets were outside the premises it's nothing to do with MacDonalds anyway. Disgraceful behaviour in any case.

Where is MickyDees? He can give me the name of the MD so I can send a snotagram.

7. Dunno about MD, but here's their UK head office:

McDonald's Restaurants Ltd.
    11 - 59 High Road
    East Finchley
    London N2 8AW

8. When you write to the MD, perhaps you can suggest MacDs make a big fat donation to the Poppy Appeal to make up for the loss of trade their staff caused the cadets.

I think I might write as well.

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

They do have a track record for being right cnuts though.
    Support for foreign terr groups......

10. I'm sorry if I seem off side here but, come on you lot get real, it's right there in black and white.....

you can't say it's the fault of the establishment due to the actions of one individual. Unless of course you also agree that due to this......

we can say that all army instructors are sex offenders as the managers had no control over him.

Yes I know a low punch but a very accurate one.

Not only did I see Poppy sellers outside McDonalds today in the city, I was amazed to see this story here, as they where being given the same treatment as they get every year during the Lord Mayors Parade, free hot drinks.

Beebs
    :?

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

You may be right Beebs, but that will not stop me asking how much the purveyors of revolting processed 'food' have given to RBL to make up for their employee's error.

12. That I agree on, but only if the RBL are willing to take money from a source that was so rightly pointed out as having past proven links to groups that are not as lily white as one would hope from an American giant.

Beebs x

13. Assuming that "one individual" is a McDonald's employee, hopefully corrective action will be taken.

The "individual" may have been a jehovah's witness, who are against all things military, and poppy sales. I saw one accosting a Cadet over poppies once. Their contention was that it didn't matter than funds from poppy donations went to aid veterans, because veterans put themselves in the position they did, going to War. Anything that happened to them was their own fault. Complete ignorance of the reason for their own cults free existence.

14. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

The JW's have obviously never heard of conscription then!

15. What a pity for them the Nazi's hadn't heard of Jehova Witnesses during the Wannasee meeting...... :roll: