McDonalds Refuse to Support 2007 Poppy Appeal

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by vinceprince, Oct 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have become an Area co-ordinator for the Poppy Appeal for the last 2 years and inherited an area that includes a branch of McDonalds. For each of the last 2 years they have had a Poppy box and collected a significant amount of money for the appeal. I went in today with the box and collecting tins and was told by the manager that McDonalds no longer take part in the Poppy appeal as they support their own charity. Anyone else out there come across this or has anyone seen a poppy box in a McD's this year? I have sent an e mail to McD's customer services but they won't respond until Monday at the earliest. I was shocked at the time (but polite) and only became angry as I was on my way home. The Poppy Appeal is a British institution and considering that this particular McD's is only 3 miles from a military establishment which has lost people in action recently, I am appalled. Can you imagine McD's not supporting American service charities in the good old US of A, I think not.
  2. maybe the manager was a wonk or just fecking stuuuuuuuuuuuupid
  3. And what are you suggesting then you whining git...that we all go to Burger King?

They won't respond until Monday? What b*stards they are eh?

The pubs are open mate. Visit one. Who might like it.
  4. Do you not think you should at least wait till they reply before, as it were, airing dirty laundry?

Does the RBL support this confrontational approach you seem to be taking, especially since alternative approaches does not seem to have been considered.
  5. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

as einstein didn't say ...

'two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the the universe.'

this guy proved he was right
  6. Careful. Arrse is just as liable to libel proceedings as the next site. Let's see what the real situation is here before we jump on the bandwagon. How accurate is this account? As Scabster_Mooch says, there won't be a reply 'till Monday. But, if true, I would hope 'Operation Ronald McDonald' commences with a vengeance.
  7. Hey, I only asked if anyone had seen a poppy box in a branch of McD's. Thanks for your help.
  8. Yes I have.
  9. There is one in the Elgin Branch - my nephew put it there!
  10. Most of the time, ignorance is to blame, I am sure it will get sorted and the Person/Manager you spoke to may just have been misinformed.

Wait for monday
  11. Yes there is one in the McDs here too
  12. Why wait for Monday? Is there a deal on McNuggets? Ignore Ozzymick mate, you get straight on that blower to Ronald and give him a piece of your mind. Don't hold back.
  13. They have a RBL Poppy appeal box in Portadown in Golden Arches. A friend told me. I was not in at 0830hrs yesterday having a Sausage McMuffin sans Oeuf before I did a no notice visit one of my sites yesterday. Even though I was wearing my poppy I put the shrapnel in.

Be careful before we slate McD. We need them on ourside. If the odd place does not have one then lets be diplomatic.
  14. Wasn't there a rumour knocking about a few years ago that McDonalds supported the IRA? Is somebody at McD's anti British Forces?
  15. Yeah, the wee Chinese bird who works the drive in at Catterick. She hates squaddies. "Yoo wan fries with that mista?"