McCanns Going on Holiday

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by billc, Jun 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Feek. Not Butlins is it??? That or Centre Parcs would just be wrong.

Why thank you it is my coat and a taxi - you are too kind.......

2. 1 down, 2 to go? :D

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. Cow

Cow LE

5. The parents of missing Madeleine McCann are to planning to go on holiday again for the first time since she disappeared.

And although Gerry and Kate McCann, both 40, are refusing to say where they are going, they have confirmed that the one place they will definitely not be visiting is Portugal.

The couple were on holiday in the country's Algarve region last May when Madeleine, then three, disappeared from the apartment bedroom she was sharing with her younger brother and sister, twins Sean and Amelie, two.

Painful: Kate and Gerry McCann are planning their first holiday with twins Sean and Amelie since daughter Madeleine disappeared last May

As the fruitless police investigation dragged on, the family remained in Portugal until September - when Mr and Mrs McCann, both doctors, then finally returned to their detached home in Rothley, Leicestershire, after being named as official suspects.

Yesterday the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said no details of the family's week-long holiday would be released.

Still missing: Madeleine, then 3, vanished on May 3 during the family's holiday in Portugal
    Mr Mitchell said: 'It will be incredibly painful to contemplate going away without Madeleine, but this is the reality they are faced with.

'Nothing has been booked yet, but one thing's certain - they won't be going to Portugal.'

A friend of the family said: 'Everyone needs a holiday - Kate and Gerry included.

It's now 14 months since Madeleine was taken. Behind the scenes, there remains a lot of action to try and find her, but for Kate and Gerry life has returned as close to normality as they're likely to get.

'That includes taking a holiday and they're considering their options at the moment. The plan is to get away from it all for a few days this summer.

'After all they've been through, they want to give the twins a decent break to try and enjoy time as a family.'

The McCanns went to Praia da Luz with a group of family friends, and were dining in a nearby tapas bar when Madeleine disappeared from their apartment.

They eventually fell under official suspicion themselves, but have fiercely denied any involvement in their daughter's disappearance.

The family doggedly remained in Portugal for long months to ensure a search for their missing daughter continued, but said they eventually left for home when it became clear the police believed they could be the culprits.

After returning to England Gerry McCann eventually resumed work as a hospital doctor.

Both parents continue to insist that they have no reason to believe their missing daughter has died, and they say they are hopeful she will one day be returned to them alive and well.

But in a recent television documentary they admitted they were well aware that internet gossip mongers and poison pen writers continually blame them for Madeleine's disappearance, and criticise them for everything they do.

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann are planning to go on holiday again for the first time since she disappeared.

And although Gerry and Kate McCann are refusing to say where they are going, they have confirmed that the one place they will definitely not be visiting is Portugal.

The couple were on holiday in the country's Algarve region last May when Madeleine, then three, disappeared from the apartment bedroom she was sharing with her younger brother and sister, twins Sean and Amelie, two.

6. I heard it was a house rental in Austria........apparently, there's loads of space now.

7. In my opinion there is a good reason for that.......

8. Still some open slots on the ARRSE Transport to Hell. Roll up, roll up......

9. I spent an hour and a half of last Sunday night in the company of Jimmy Carr - it rubs off!!

Ref Austria, he said that he knew he was becoming middle-aged because when he read about it, all he could think of was 'Bet the guy never got planning permission for the cellar!'

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Wonder if it's a package holiday..

11. Portugal will be pleased to hear that. FFS, it was they who fcuked up, no one else. I couldn't stomach a holiday if I were in their predicament. Tells you a lot about how some people think.

12. Might as well, they'll only have to spring for 4 tickets this year. I'd check to see if the kids are traveling on a return or a single, though. Can't be too careful.

13. They better book an open return.... if i lost a child on holiday i dont think id dare take anymore kids with me

14. I can also reveal that the McCanns have both had a large turd in the past 48 hours - the smell was so bad they had to leave a window open.

Who fckun cares what those two do...............