McCann a suspect

cpunk

LE
Usual rules apply. If anyone posts anything defamatory in this thread it will be deleted. That would include any hints that any particular person or group of people may be responsible for a crime, or any speculation about how it might have been committed or why.

The parents are now suspects, well imagine that, what a surprise, gosh i bet no-one saw that coming!

Maybe the portuguese police are just covering all angles for the sake of completeness as they unfortunately haven't had any other results yet. Smacks a little of desperation on their part to look efficient IMO.

cpunk said:
Usual rules apply. If anyone posts anything defamatory in this thread it will be deleted. That would include any hints that any particular person or group of people may be responsible for a crime, or any speculation about how it might have been committed or why.
Thats talking about all news out of the window then,

need to delete all speculation about Iraq / Afghanistan & rename this Forum "Current Affairs (Only)"

Freedom of speech & Speculation is DEAD

I would have thought they'd have broke by now if they'd done it - they've been in the media glare constantly, surely no-one has that good a poker fece

The main reason for naming someone an "Aguido" (spelling?) is to give them full legal protection, such as the right to remain silent. It probably means no more than a copper giving you a caution.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, well, well! Surprised? Not at all.

devexwarrior said:
The main reason for naming someone an "Aguido" (spelling?) is to give them full legal protection, such as the right to remain silent. It probably means no more than a copper giving you a caution.
Yes,but unless there is some reason, and after a few months too, and after forensic evidence has arrived from the UK, seems a bit strange, why not do it at the beginning, when unfortunatly the spotlight would be on you.

A copper giving you a caution, maybe for shoplifting but this is way more serious.

REgards said:
Maybe the portuguese police are just covering all angles for the sake of completeness as they unfortunately haven't had any other results yet. Smacks a little of desperation on their part to look efficient IMO.
:? Bang on! The police waited for 15 hours I read before they decided to do any thing before looking into the reported missing child even having a two hour lunch break. Seem that the locals wanted the Mcanns to leave th area as the publicity not good for business.Seems only the Brit Police could find any evidence. So lets wait for the full evidence before saying who might by the badies. :?

The poilce are stressing that they are being interviewed as WITNESSES, not suspects. Your banner is conjecture only.

Even if they did find some of her DNA in the apartment what dos it prove? That she was in there, well we know that the whole family stayed there, it's not exactly evedence, and untill the facts are revieled it should ot be taken as such.

Personally i think they are as quilty as sin, but if there is no proof then I'll shut up.

Bobath,

On the Beeb website now that mother to be formally declared a suspect. Although, as has already been pointed out, probably to give legal rights. Probably find the same thing happening to the father after he's been interviewed (today or Monday, I think).

Link

Alsacien

MIA
bobath said:
The poilce are stressing that they are being interviewed as WITNESSES, not suspects. Your banner is conjecture only.

Even if they did find some of her DNA in the apartment what dos it prove? That she was in there, well we know that the whole family stayed there, it's not exactly evedence, and untill the facts are revieled it should ot be taken as such.

Personally i think they are as quilty as sin, but if there is no proof then I'll shut up.
The Beeb are suggesting that status may be upgraded.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6982969.stm

It is a sad fact that about 80 % of murders are carried out by people known to the victim.

And they tend to be a family member.

This would - as a matter of course - be one of the first threads of an investigation that the Brit Plod would carry out because sheer statistics have borne out this line of enquiry in the past.

So - perhaps that is all the Portugese police are doing?

Makes sense surely to question the last people who saw her alive. God help them if they have had something to do with it, cos the press wont.