McCain suspends campaign...exposes yellow underbelly.

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Devil_Dog, Sep 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/campaign.wrap/index.html

Boy, oh boy.

What a wussy.

This whole Wallstreet thing is being used as a ruse to convince the world that McCain has a clue about the going ons of this world.

2. Yeah, 'cos Obama is so experienced, after all.

3. I don't understand this. If McCain has to go back to Washington to save the US economy, why doesn't he just put up his vice president, Sarah Palin as his replacement in the debate?

Oh, hang on a minute. It's all beginning to make sense.

4. i've nicked this from another forum as it describes almost exactly what i thought

"the crisis will take at least three months to be resolved. What happens if the crisis is as bad or worse come November? By suspending campaigning McCain has given Obama a hospital pass, if he reciprocates he loses the momentum he is building up, if he continues he will be ripped to shreds as being 'unpatriotic'.

Either Obama becomes a follower, or else looks like he is out of touch.

McCain has lost momentum and Obama has gained a healthy lead in the polls.
    info on CBS/NY Times poll

5. I've become resigned to the fact that our next Executive team are going to be the Duke and the Dauphin (read your Huck Finn...)

I think I'm going to buy gold.

6. If you take this at face value (as presented) then you clearly do not understand the vagaries of opinion polls and/or statistics.

7. Not so fast Lill.

This whole "suspension" exposes Mccain for what he is: someone who can't chew gum and cross the street at the same time.

As president/head of state, you are expected to be able to handle more than one crisis at a time. The debate is only supposed to be two hours long and I, for one, do not believe the world will fall apart in that short period of time.

Unless McCain knows something we don't: that the US economy will disintegrate this Friday a few hours before the debate and he can be able to go in front of the American people and say, "I told you so," without looking like a total douche.

8. it might be my cyncism, but this close to the election i can't help but see it as a political move.

i suppose he could ask Sara Palin to stand in for him.

9. He could but she can't see Wall Street from her house.

Ask her about Russia, then that is a different story.

10. I'm confused. I thought you were anti-Palin, yet here you are saying that she has long-standing experience of international relations and foreign affairs, unlike BO.

11. You missed the point.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-84683

The only foreign policy experience Palin has is eating at a Chinese restaurant.

12. :lol: :lol:

as an aside; GWB is making his broadcast to the US at 9pm (ET). i think i will stay up to listen to what he has to say.

13. McCain is a wussy? What does that make Obama who has steadfastly refused to debate McCain in a town hall meeting and is only doing the other debates because he has to.

Maybe McCain realises he doesn't need to campaign at the moment because Obamas half wit vice presidential candidate is winning the election for him?

14. To suspend a whole campaign because of these happenings is uttery preposterous. McCain is as experinced in the economy as a fairly smart college student. Smart, but not ready to be president of the biggest economy in the world.