McCain is Torture Walt, says Viet Prison Governor

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BambiBasher, Oct 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The bloke in charge of the prison maintains that McCain was treated better then North Vietnamese wounded, and that his hair turned grey not from torture but by 'thinking too much'.

2. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

Was McCain noted for thinking, never mind too much, in his Navy days?
  3. Interesting. So McCain was the about only US PoW not to be tortured, eh? The guard will be telling us that Bud Day sustained his injuries from falling off the soft, four poster bed he was provided with, and should have his MoH taken off him next.

The North Vietnamese were vicious captors, whatever this bloke and Jane Fonda might like us to think.
  4. Now now. This is a Guardian article and they have no interest in denigrating McCain in the other one's favour.
  5. Must be a common strand, I seem to recall Bill Clinton's wife describing to an enthralled media, how she avoided sniper fire on arrival in Bosnia not that long ago. Politicians, gotta love 'em.

As much as The Guardian has shone a light on this, maybe the McCain campaign team, might like to put up, or shut up, on the "Obama terrorist connection" - less then three weeks to go, what next a sex scandal or two?!
  6. "Shone a light" on what exactly? A torturer and war criminal trying to cover his arrse by telling lies? Or maybe you think all the US POWs were telling lies and came home with self inflicted injuries?

Don't think the McCain camp has much need to "put up" any more about Obamas connections to Ayers. He worked with him for years, started his political career in the mans house and then lied about it when challenged.

Doubt whether there will be a sex scandal. I reckon Obamas connections to widespread electoral fraud should be enough. Or maybe the fella from Hillarys camp will be able to prove that Obama isn't eligible to be POTUS in the first place.
  7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Well it took Dubya all the way to the White House. And what's sauce for the goose..
  8. Selective amnesia is compulsory for US presidents. Didn't Ronald Regan famously describe the heroics of a Medal of Honour winning pilot who went down with his stricken plane rather than abandoning his trapped crew?

Turned out that it was a movie. RR was the heroic pilot.
  9. Even Bush wasn't involved with an organisation registering fake voters . I read somewhere else that thanks to Acorn 105% of those eligible to vote are now registered in Indianapolis.
  10. Do I hear the approach of a Swiftboat upon the Mekong?
  11. oops! 'puter glitch - double post!
  12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I have no reason whatsoever to believe a wanted war criminal making self-exculpatory allegations but, having met several Vietnam ex-POWs through the old Combat Survival Tour, if they went through a twentieth of the suffering they describe, they still had the most appalling experience.
  13. Bloke in charge of the gaff who's single MO was to boot fcuk out all downed pilots slung their way every single day says, "honest guv we never laid a single finger on him in 5 & half years". That's one pish poor story dug up by the broadsheet hacks right there, a better headline would have been:

"Gook Prison Captain Eyeballs Removed with a Spoon After Guardian Arrange a Surprise Re-union Party with Former Inmates".

That would have been a punchier delivery...