McCain is Torture Walt, says Viet Prison Governor

B

BambiBasher

The bloke in charge of the prison maintains that McCain was treated better then North Vietnamese wounded, and that his hair turned grey not from torture but by 'thinking too much'.

Link

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Was McCain noted for thinking, never mind too much, in his Navy days?

Interesting. So McCain was the about only US PoW not to be tortured, eh? The guard will be telling us that Bud Day sustained his injuries from falling off the soft, four poster bed he was provided with, and should have his MoH taken off him next.

The North Vietnamese were vicious captors, whatever this bloke and Jane Fonda might like us to think.

Archimedes said:
Interesting. So McCain was the about only US PoW not to be tortured, eh? The guard will be telling us that Bud Day sustained his injuries from falling off the soft, four poster bed he was provided with, and should have his MoH taken off him next.

The North Vietnamese were vicious captors, whatever this bloke and Jane Fonda might like us to think.
Now now. This is a Guardian article and they have no interest in denigrating McCain in the other one's favour.

Must be a common strand, I seem to recall Bill Clinton's wife describing to an enthralled media, how she avoided sniper fire on arrival in Bosnia not that long ago. Politicians, gotta love 'em.

As much as The Guardian has shone a light on this, maybe the McCain campaign team, might like to put up, or shut up, on the "Obama terrorist connection" - less then three weeks to go, what next a sex scandal or two?!

ABrighter2006 said:
Must be a common strand, I seem to recall Bill Clinton's wife describing to an enthralled media, how she avoided sniper fire on arrival in Bosnia not that long ago. Politicians, gotta love 'em.

As much as The Guardian has shone a light on this, maybe the McCain campaign team, might like to put up, or shut up, on the "Obama terrorist connection" - less then three weeks to go, what next a sex scandal or two?!
"Shone a light" on what exactly? A torturer and war criminal trying to cover his arrse by telling lies? Or maybe you think all the US POWs were telling lies and came home with self inflicted injuries?

Don't think the McCain camp has much need to "put up" any more about Obamas connections to Ayers. He worked with him for years, started his political career in the mans house and then lied about it when challenged.

Doubt whether there will be a sex scandal. I reckon Obamas connections to widespread electoral fraud should be enough. Or maybe the fella from Hillarys camp will be able to prove that Obama isn't eligible to be POTUS in the first place.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
LEGZ30 said:
Doubt whether there will be a sex scandal. I reckon Obamas connections to widespread electoral fraud should be enough.

Well it took Dubya all the way to the White House. And what's sauce for the goose..

Selective amnesia is compulsory for US presidents. Didn't Ronald Regan famously describe the heroics of a Medal of Honour winning pilot who went down with his stricken plane rather than abandoning his trapped crew?

Turned out that it was a movie. RR was the heroic pilot.

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
LEGZ30 said:
Doubt whether there will be a sex scandal. I reckon Obamas connections to widespread electoral fraud should be enough.

Well it took Dubya all the way to the White House. And what's sauce for the goose..
Even Bush wasn't involved with an organisation registering fake voters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhrT22BsIY . I read somewhere else that thanks to Acorn 105% of those eligible to vote are now registered in Indianapolis.

cpunk

LE
I have no reason whatsoever to believe a wanted war criminal making self-exculpatory allegations but, having met several Vietnam ex-POWs through the old Combat Survival Tour, if they went through a twentieth of the suffering they describe, they still had the most appalling experience.

Bloke in charge of the gaff who's single MO was to boot fcuk out all downed pilots slung their way every single day says, "honest guv we never laid a single finger on him in 5 & half years". That's one pish poor story dug up by the broadsheet hacks right there, a better headline would have been:

"Gook Prison Captain Eyeballs Removed with a Spoon After Guardian Arrange a Surprise Re-union Party with Former Inmates".

That would have been a punchier delivery...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
LEGZ30 said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
LEGZ30 said:

Even Bush wasn't involved with an organisation registering fake voters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRhrT22BsIY . I read somewhere else that thanks to Acorn 105% of those eligible to vote are now registered in Indianapolis.
But he was involved with organisations who denied votes to genuine voters, and relied on his Brother to swing a result for him. I'm not saying Obama's perfect, but this kind of corruption is neither new nor limited to 'uppity niggers who we'd do anything to keep our of our White House'.

B

BambiBasher

The one bit of Nguyen Tien Tran's story that seems plausible is that McCain was worth more to them alive than dead, as a prize prisoner. The problem is that his prize status would make them even more keen to get him to 'confess' his crimes against the Vietnamese. And if a bit of a non-lethal shoeing could help him along, then so be it.

Sort of a Vietnamese Gene Hunt.

ronnie12398 said:
thegimp said:
Mcain expose on the www paints him to be a right horror bag of a nepotic underachiever and all round shameless cnut, as well as being a fecking disasterous pilot

standby for link

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain
Rolling Stone? An incredibly shitty source you've got there. :roll:
the point is its in print, I don't hear Mccain rushing to court to hammer them for printing BS

There are enough facts in there for this call sign to be less than impressed

Its not freddie star ate my hamster level stuff is it...........

It is well documented that when his plane crashed into water McCain could have died, partly due to the crash injuries, except for being rescued by local Vietnamese village residents, then one local nurse cared fro him, just a shame that McCain in later year treated these two people badly and with no respect.

While McCain had been away his wife had been in an accident and looked after the children, on his return he soon found someone much younger! a millionairess, and someone whose family could open doors for him in politics, he even married before his divorce went through (his first wife keeps silent as it is alleged McCain pays health bills for silence)

John McCain was heavily criticised in a fraud case known as The Keating Five in 1989, the 5 being found guilty of corruption, McCain claimed that he lad broken all ties with the Keating's, not true his wife did business with Charles Keating Jnr for many years after and made big profits.

It is no wonder McCain when asked recently did not know how many homes and cars he has, 7 homes and 13 cars!!!!!

I am not ageist but in this campaign McCain has clearly showed at 72 he is far too old and clearly out of touch, having a military background does and should not guarantee he be supported, comments like we will stay in Iraq for 30 more years if it takes it and calls to bomb, bomb, Iran are worrying, all politicians should be made to retire at say 68! it is just a Gravy Train for them.

McCain does not seem and act like a well man, his desperation now shows for power in the personal attacks and slurs against Barack Obama, lets hope voters decide not to have more of the past with a man of Yesterday and more Bush Politics!

cpunk

LE
thegimp said:
the point is its in print, I don't hear Mccain rushing to court to hammer them for printing BS
Different laws in the US. McCain would have to prove that the Rolling Stone author was motivated by malice, which is very, very difficult.