MBT Regiments in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Exwing, Mar 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

I am a Potential Officer looking to join the RAC, as most people do, my focus has been on FR Regiments. I was wondered what the role is off the MBT regiments on Op Herrick?

What vehicles are they re-roling in? What jobs are they generally doing?

2. Id suppose the best word would be supporting. This isnt meaning not worthwhile etc , but they are crewing vehicles such as Vikings, some are in support roles in Bases,but theirs a fair few out there at mo.
  3. So not using their recce troops or Jackal/Mastiff?
  4. nope just viking and mastiff, MBT is dead
  5. Til Iran...

Shuuuuuuuuussshh, you didn't hear that from me and I wasn't here...
  6. Or anywhere else probably.
  7. I'm just one of the voices inside what passes for your mind.

Now go look in the mirror, bitch, and punch yourself in the nose...
  8. Got your number Walter.
  9. Call any time, reverse the charges if you like...
  10. If we went to war with iran wouldn't they be using our own tanks against us? Accoring to this they have 400 of the the chieftain mk3.
  11. And? what the fcuk can we do about it?....Another wannabe Recce soldier who just doesn't cut the mustard.....and never will....
  12. Take RDG, 4 mech brigade, herrick 12. They're deploying but manning mastiff, look at herrick 11, 2RTR manning viking. FR regiments still have FR in afghan but are using Jackal, jackal estate and CVRT as means. MBT regs aren't dead and gone as far as CR2 is concerned (basrah - 2003) but certainley on the decrease. Take 2RTR as an example since 2003 they've manned CR2 , CVRT , WR , Masttiff and warthog.

Needless to say if I had my time over again I would have gone peoples cav. As a troop leader you will be out amoungst it getting rounds down. Thankfully because of numerous kicking and screaming matches and several teddies power slammed into the corner I shall be allowed to play in about twelve days. :D :D :D
  13. Peoples Cav being RDG?
  14. Ha Ha, only joking.. got you first time 2RTR, I understand...