• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

MBEs for the England Cricket Squad?

Personally i fcuking hate the game, just a bunch of knobs stood around a field tw4tting a ball. But i just wonder if like last time they will give our dogsh1te and inconsistant cricket team MBE's just for winning the ashes, Lets face it, they gave a 13yr old dwarf one for winning a poxy medal in the spaz olympics....?

Broon will give MBEs and OBEs or Ks to anyone vaguely significant who he can stand next to, and thus appear to be The Supreme Leader.

Fortunately we still have HMQ, who actually is TSL. :wink:

Sadly, I doubt she'll be willing to tell Broon to do one with his next 'celeb list' of meaningless Honours.

Awarding MBEs the immediately after a good win cheapens the award in my view. Especially when this is a competition with only two teams in.

In my view, these awards should come towards the end of a sportsmans' (or soap actors'...) career.

metimmee said:
Awarding MBEs the immediately after a good win cheapens the award in my view. Especially when this is a competition with only two teams in.

In my view, these awards should come towards the end of a sportsmans' (or soap actors'...) career.
Agreed [hey, you're off to a good start, even if it has taken 3 years! :lol: ].
A lifetime of achevement [prefeably meaningful] is one thing.
Getting a medal for winning a medal is just sooooo American.

Legs said:
MBEs, for doing the job they are paid to do? Why?
National Pride, innit?
The Proles expect their unshaven cricketers [why do they do that?] to get HM Bling, and Brooon will ensure that he gets popularity by doing it.

Simples :wink:

so Engerland have won the ashes that would mean all the cricketers are from Engerland & Wales would it not????

certainly not from South Africa, Pakistan, Denmark, Australia, Ireland, etc etc etc

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
so Engerland have won the ashes that would mean all the cricketers are from Engerland & Wales would it not????

certainly not from South Africa, Pakistan, Denmark, Australia, Ireland, etc etc etc
Ahhh - and there's the rub.

Some funny accents noted on TV from players whose grandmother may have been English.

Which makes it all the more pointless and a waste of electricity to watch.

Professional Sport? WTF is that supposed to be?
It used to be a fun thing, not a fukking Industry full of over-paid participants.

And HARRUMPH. :lol:

Latest Threads