MBEs for the England Cricket Squad?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by SpannerSpanker, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Personally i fcuking hate the game, just a bunch of knobs stood around a field tw4tting a ball. But i just wonder if like last time they will give our dogsh1te and inconsistant cricket team MBE's just for winning the ashes, Lets face it, they gave a 13yr old dwarf one for winning a poxy medal in the spaz olympics....?
  2. Grant winning sportsmen MBE's by all means, but only on the proviso that they are withdrawn should they ever get defeated..
  3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Broon will give MBEs and OBEs or Ks to anyone vaguely significant who he can stand next to, and thus appear to be The Supreme Leader.

Fortunately we still have HMQ, who actually is TSL. :wink:

Sadly, I doubt she'll be willing to tell Broon to do one with his next 'celeb list' of meaningless Honours.
  4. Awarding MBEs the immediately after a good win cheapens the award in my view. Especially when this is a competition with only two teams in.

In my view, these awards should come towards the end of a sportsmans' (or soap actors'...) career.
  5. blue-sophist

Agreed [hey, you're off to a good start, even if it has taken 3 years! :lol: ].
    A lifetime of achevement [prefeably meaningful] is one thing.
    Getting a medal for winning a medal is just sooooo American.
  6. MBEs, for doing the job they are paid to do? Why?
  7. same reason he gave those engerlish rugby cnuts mbe's i suppose. :x :x :x :x
  8. blue-sophist

National Pride, innit?
    The Proles expect their unshaven cricketers [why do they do that?] to get HM Bling, and Brooon will ensure that he gets popularity by doing it.

Simples :wink:
  9. :clap:
  10. Did we win something then?
  11. In about 15 mins.
  12. "WE" were not playing, nothing new there though.
  13. Please don't let the Civil Service hear you say that.
  14. or graduates from Royal Military Academy Sandhurst