MBE

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Lympstone_Mud_Warbler, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,

How do I go about finding out if somebody has a MBE and what it was awarded for?

I have tried on the web and found the Wiki information and looked on the honors website, but I can't see a concise list for the life of me.

All I seem to turn up is a list of clebs that have been awarded it, which is not much help as I need the list showing the awards to run of the mill people.

All help appreciated as I am not much good at finding what I want on the web.

Ta

LMW

2. Try the London Gazette. As long as you have the persons name and an idea of the date (if you don't have a date it just means the search will take longer) you should be able to find the listing.

3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

4. Try the Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood.

5. Try the London Gazette web site. Look at Supplements and do some searches. You will need as much accurate info as possible.

6. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Beaten by 1 minute...but i posted the link..;)

S_R

7. You could try contacting someone via this page: CLICKY.

8. The gazette search thing is pants. My old man was awarded an MBE after his 22 years. I couldn't find him. There can't be too many Huw Robert Smith's in the world??

9. Well tried the London Gazette, but no joy. I will have to try more devious routes...... I may expose a fat walt soon.

LMW

10. I would tend to agree - I have just wasted 1/2 hour trying to get at least one result from a fairly common surname. It came up with nothing.

LMW

11. I should like to know why I havent had my MBE yet? any ideas anyone?

12. because you're a tit?

13. If I was a tit, I would have got the OBE!

14. Other Blokes Efforts :)

15. Gazette site obviously load of toss. Searched for mine with exact name and dates and got "Nothing Found". Hmmmmmm. Mind you, it does say civilian awards for MBE (Many Buggers Efforts) with no option for Military Division.

Edited to say:
    If you go to Full Search (ignore Honours and Awards bit) then ignore the type of medal and select all, put the search in for the year (or group of years) then it finds it. Put MBE in for the year and it doesn't.