MBE

All,

How do I go about finding out if somebody has a MBE and what it was awarded for?

I have tried on the web and found the Wiki information and looked on the honors website, but I can't see a concise list for the life of me.

All I seem to turn up is a list of clebs that have been awarded it, which is not much help as I need the list showing the awards to run of the mill people.

All help appreciated as I am not much good at finding what I want on the web.

Ta

LMW

Try the London Gazette. As long as you have the persons name and an idea of the date (if you don't have a date it just means the search will take longer) you should be able to find the listing.

The gazette search thing is pants. My old man was awarded an MBE after his 22 years. I couldn't find him. There can't be too many Huw Robert Smith's in the world??

smudge67 said:
The gazette search thing is pants. My old man was awarded an MBE after his 22 years. I couldn't find him. There can't be too many Huw Robert Smith's in the world??
I would tend to agree - I have just wasted 1/2 hour trying to get at least one result from a fairly common surname. It came up with nothing.

LMW

I should like to know why I havent had my MBE yet? any ideas anyone?

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
Gazette site obviously load of toss. Searched for mine with exact name and dates and got "Nothing Found". Hmmmmmm. Mind you, it does say civilian awards for MBE (Many Buggers Efforts) with no option for Military Division.

Edited to say:
If you go to Full Search (ignore Honours and Awards bit) then ignore the type of medal and select all, put the search in for the year (or group of years) then it finds it. Put MBE in for the year and it doesn't.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Saw a bloke earlier this year who was attending a short course, who had written "MBE" onto his nametag in Biro.

Self-important knobber!

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
blue_sophist said:
Interesting ... my fat nauseous civvy fellow-director and neighbour signs himself ******* MBE.

No search result .... hmmmmm?
Tell him they are really worth a lot. If he takes that and £2.80 to Starbucks they'll give him a cup of coffee (small).