MBE for Suing Rapist

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jack-daniels, Jan 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I imagine that being raped isn't the best thing that can happen to you ( unless you're in one of the kinky sex games) but being awarded an MBE for suing the rapist is a bit much in my opinion.
    She got it for her 'services to the community' after her own daughter nominated her. Obviously, there may be more to it but how did she serve the community in getting a load of money of the bloke who raped her.....lottery winner Iorworth Hoare?
    Are the floodgates going to open now with people who successfully sue someone getting awarded MBE's?
    Bizarre if you ask me....which no one is I may add!

I’m the victim who sued Lottery rapist | The Sun |News
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

She looks like Dot Cotton.

He must have been ******* desperate.
  3. 5A must be shitting it if any of his "partners" ever identify him.
  4. will she be getting a QDJM as well?
  5. Ssshhhhh.....you'll start 'em all off again!
  6. I ******* hope so! Along with the pan bash wallah in Buck House and some ancient Lollypop Geezer from Camden, neither of whom will have a days service between them. I can't wait until these things are dished out just for the wind up effect!
  7. You could be onto something there.....when we get them we can have a 'show us your QDJM photo' thread.....that'll upset 'em all!
  8. within hours the entire NDM crew would be hanging about our Shirley's neck of the woods with their trousers down trying to look vulnerable.
  9. Here we go

You can all have one of these. Remember to wear it with pride.
  10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

She was nominated as she got the interpretation of the law changed.
    Previously there was a six year time limit on suing. She successfully argued (or rather her law team) that in extenuating circumstances judges could extent this. She fought for a long time & the case went all the way to the House of Lords. I note she gave the money to charity & to be honest I have more time for her getting a bit of bling than 'Call Me Dave's' mates who seem to be all over the list this year.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bearing in mind most cheques bounce within two to three weeks, six years seems plenty.

On a serious note, would she have done this, or been able to assemble a team of legal eagles, if the rapist wasn't suddenly minted?
  12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

No she wouldn't. That's the whole point. He won the money when he bought a ticket when in lockup. He wasn't worth taking through the civil courts before. So put yourself in her shoes, she is raped and assaulted, would you want vengence? The guy goes to prison & while there wins the Lotto, her chance came up to make him suffer!
    Here's the original case:
    Lotto rapist forced to pay compensation to victim - Telegraph
    Plus, joy of joy, the house he bought for £700K is on the market for a £100K loss because of the abuse he's been getting from neighbours.