MBE for Ex Branch man

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=471646&imageindex=1

Any one know this guy?

Mr Munby went down to London with wife Helen, a headteacher, and other family members and described the trip to the palace as memorable.

He said: “It wasn’t my first time at the Palace because I used to be part of the special investigation branch with an office in Horseguards and was therefore familiar with the place.

Looking at his photo he is before my time maybe ORC or Biscuits knew him.

B

Biscuits_AB

You cheeky B*stard. You were in when the Provost really did have a f*cking horse. You've got at least 3 years on me. ORC might know him.

I've never heard him, but well done mate anyway. Seems like a decent bloke. Glad he recognised the worth of those who collected their bravery awards. There's many would be too far up their own arrse to have noticed a uniformed lad on crutches.

Biscuits_AB said:
You were in when the Provost really did have a f*cking horse. You've got at least 3 years on me. ORC might know him.
Sad to say they probably need them rather than soft skinned L/R.

Remember Mounted Troop? At least you had someone to kick when you visited 160.

B

Biscuits_AB

My only connection with horses is losing money on the c*nts. Probably ridden by monkeys as well.

They don't taste too bad as long as they are dead and you cook them.

Biscuits_AB said:
What's that then...Horses or Monkeys?
Both really, it's just that horses are more readily available in this country especially if it's a Sunday morning and you drive a 4x4.

western said:
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/viewarticle.aspx?id=471646&imageindex=1

Any one know this guy?

Mr Munby went down to London with wife Helen, a headteacher, and other family members and described the trip to the palace as memorable.

He said: “It wasn’t my first time at the Palace because I used to be part of the special investigation branch with an office in Horseguards and was therefore familiar with the place.
Don't personally know him, but Keswick is only 14 miles up the road from where I live, I've provided first aid cover with the Red Cross in Keswick when he's been about. Didn't know he was ex corps otherwise I would have introduced myself.

western said:
Biscuits_AB said:
You were in when the Provost really did have a f*cking horse. You've got at least 3 years on me. ORC might know him.
Sad to say they probably need them rather than soft skinned L/R.

Remember Mounted Troop? At least you had someone to kick when you visited 160.
There was a big grey ba$tard at 160 when I was there, I'm sure it was after me! it would stand there all docile whilst feeding it an apple and once it was gone, the cnut would try and bite your fingers off!! :sweatdrop:

OldRedCap said:
Are you sure it was a horse. Scattergood used to act like that.
Unless he's grown 4 legs and a big bushy tail and neighs a lot, I think this one was a horse, but being a city boy I might be mistaken :thumleft:

ex_monkey said:
OldRedCap said:
Are you sure it was a horse. Scattergood used to act like that.
Unless he's grown 4 legs and a big bushy tail and neighs a lot, I think this one was a horse, but being a city boy I might be mistaken :thumleft:
Sgt Scattergood had all the attrubutes of a good stallion but lacked the 4 legs I have to admit. Those who had seen his tail claimed it was VERY big and bushy.

Ernie Scattergood! Now there's a name to conjure with.

The Mounted Troop - Only RMP could manage to loose a reasonable police asset by concentrating on shows rather than ops!

B

Biscuits_AB

Robbie_B said:
Ernie Scattergood! Now there's a name to conjure with.

The Mounted Troop - Only RMP could manage to loose a reasonable police asset by concentrating on shows rather than ops!
Long time since they took that sort of asset on Ops. Palestine (1st time round) I believe.

Squeaky Jack was a horsey type. He had a troop of about 5 horses and attendant humans in NI about 70. They did patrols along the border before we started blowing the roads. He even deigned and had built a holder so they could carry SLR just like 7th Cav on the saddle. They were just a show job and did not add anything cultural to events. Stayed for about 3 months before the novelty wore off at HQ NI.