• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

MBE - Dress uniform

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Maybe you should ask this on Rum Ration so a Bootie can answer your query. :money:

How about a pic on the site of you in your dress complete with MBE!

It would take precedence over campaign medals but not gallantry awards (MC etc).

Queen's Regulations for Army 1975

ABBREVIATED GUIDE TO THE ORDER IN WHICH ORDERS, DECORATIONS AND MEDALS ARE WORN

1. The Victoria Cross and the George Cross
VC, GC

2. United Kingdom Orders
KG, KT, GCB, OM, GCMG, GCVO, GBE, CH, KCB/DCB, KCMG/DCMG, KCVO/DCVO, KBE/DBE, CB, CMG, CVO, CBE, DSO, LVO, OBE, MVO, MBE

3. United Kingdom Decorations
CGC, RRC, DSC, MC, DFC, AFC, ARRC

4. Order of St John (all classes)

5. United Kingdom Medals for Gallantry and Distinguished Service
[DCM, CGM, CGM], GM [DSM, MM, DFM, AFM], QGM, RVM, [BEM], QVRM

6. United Kingdom Operational Service Medals, United Nations Medals and Medals of other recognised international organisations
In order of date of award

7. Coronation and Jubilee Medals

8. Long Service and Efficiency, etc Awards
Meritorious Service Medal
Accumulated Campaign Service Medal
Regular Forces LS & GC Medals(Army, RN, RAF, UDR/R IRISH (Home Service))
[ERD], TD, RD
RNR LS & GC Medal, [RFR LS & GC Medal], [RNXS Medal]
AE, VRSM, [UD], NIHSM
Queen’s Medals for Champion Shots, Cadet Forces Medal
Rhodesia Medal

9. Commonwealth Orders, Decorations and Medals Instituted by The Sovereign

10. Commonwealth Orders, Decorations and Medals instituted since 1949 otherwise than by the Sovereign (including those of the States of Malaysia and the State of Brunei)

11. Foreign Orders
Foreign Decorations (In order of date of award)
Foreign Medals
Medals of the Royal Humane Society and Medals of the Royal National Lifeboat Society
These medals are to be worn on the right breast.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck offfffffffff !
If you had ever served you'd know. If issued to you, one the left, if your dad's (or other relative) on right.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Thank you. I'm quite aware of that, However, I've seen gongs on the left and what looked like a civvie thingie on some old boy's right... maybe it was his Dad's.

... and I've probably had more beastings and "non coffee meetings with the CO" than you've had banjos.

Z

Zarathustra

It would take precedence over campaign medals but not gallantry awards (MC etc).

Queen's Regulations for Army 1975

ABBREVIATED GUIDE TO THE ORDER IN WHICH ORDERS, DECORATIONS AND MEDALS ARE WORN

1. The Victoria Cross and the George Cross
VC, GC

2. United Kingdom Orders
KG, KT, GCB, OM, GCMG, GCVO, GBE, CH, KCB/DCB, KCMG/DCMG, KCVO/DCVO, KBE/DBE, CB, CMG, CVO, CBE, DSO, LVO, OBE, MVO, MBE

3. United Kingdom Decorations
CGC, RRC, DSC, MC, DFC, AFC, ARRC

4. Order of St John (all classes)

5. United Kingdom Medals for Gallantry and Distinguished Service
[DCM, CGM, CGM], GM [DSM, MM, DFM, AFM], QGM, RVM, [BEM], QVRM

6. United Kingdom Operational Service Medals, United Nations Medals and Medals of other recognised international organisations

7. Coronation and Jubilee Medals

8. Long Service and Efficiency, etc Awards
Meritorious Service Medal
Accumulated Campaign Service Medal
Regular Forces LS & GC Medals(Army, RN, RAF, UDR/R IRISH (Home Service))
[ERD], TD, RD
RNR LS & GC Medal, [RFR LS & GC Medal], [RNXS Medal]
AE, VRSM, [UD], NIHSM
Queen’s Medals for Champion Shots, Cadet Forces Medal
Rhodesia Medal

9. Commonwealth Orders, Decorations and Medals Instituted by The Sovereign

10. Commonwealth Orders, Decorations and Medals instituted since 1949 otherwise than by the Sovereign (including those of the States of Malaysia and the State of Brunei)

11. Foreign Orders
Foreign Decorations (In order of date of award)
Foreign Medals
Medals of the Royal Humane Society and Medals of the Royal National Lifeboat Society
These medals are to be worn on the right breast.

Thank you. I'm quite aware of that, However, I've seen gongs on the left and what looked like a civvie thingie on some old boy's right... maybe it was his Dad's.

... and I've probably had more beastings and "non coffee meetings with the CO" than you've had banjos.
Why would you think this colonel you saw would be wearing a "civvie thingie"? And anyone who claims to have had "non coffee meetings with the CO" but doesn't know which side medals go on (civvie thingies or not) is either a walt of the highest order or someone who failed the Pioneer entrance exam. Hope you enjoy your RSMs pension after you complete your 22.

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
Smells fishy. Don't like the cut of his jib. Or his 'non coffee meetings'. How the **** could anyone not know that your own gongs go on the left?

maybe he took the My blokes efforts literally and decided that he was wearing someone elses medal, hence on the right

that or the time honoured "looking at a flipped photo" explanation

Latest Threads