Maze escapee to be deported from US this week

It's amazing (pun intended) how your past can catch up with you... :D

Maze escapee to be deported from US this week
Monday August 17 2009

A Belfast man who escaped from the top-security Maze Prison in the North 26 years ago is expected to be deported from the US to the Republic later this week.

Fifty-six-year-old Pól Brennan escaped from the prison with 38 others in September 1983.

He made his way to the US, where he began a new life, got married and became a legal immigrant.

Mr Brennan was detained at a border checkpoint in Texas in January 2008 over a lapsed work permit.

He had applied for a new permit, but a judge ordered his deportation last November and a recent appeal to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano was unsuccessful.

Brennan had argued that his deportation would cause "extreme hardship" to his US wife.
http://www.independent.ie/breaking-...to-be-deported-from-us-this-week-1862070.html

flamingo said:
It's amazing (pun intended) how your past can catch up with you... :D

It's even more amazing how so many IRA memebers seemed to be able to head off and live in the USA without the usually moderately on the ball US immigration people noticing

Is it a sort of exchange for the ASD bod who hacked/cracked the Pentagon computer security

Quote:
Brennan had argued that his deportation would cause "extreme hardship" to his US wife.

Not as much hardship as the explosives he was carrying would have caused- feck him and his American wife

and if they have kids- feck them as well-

If this bastar d comes this side of the border- you lads would want to make sure you have a water tight European arrest warrant waiting to greet him.

Though for the life of me I hope he is deported to his place of birth.

Stories like this and knackers caravans falling to bits fill me with laughter and joy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K The Intelligence Cell 4
Phil306 Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2
Philosopher_Bat Seniors 40