Mayor of London Candidature

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

According to the BBC, Lembit Opik MP is considering standing as the Lib Dem candidate in the forthcoming London Mayoralty elections.

Will he be accompanied by those Cheeky Girls, and will his ex (Stan Lloyd) campaign for Boris?

2. Lordy, lopside-headed UFO spotter Opik, Newt fancier Ken and Bumbling Burbling Bonking Boris, all in one race. At the very least, it'll be an entertaining campaign.

Strange how the two most charismatic politicians in their respective parties about are all going (or at least thinking about going) for London Mayor, isn't it?

Edited to add: My heart's with Boris, but my money's on Ken.

3. Oh Shite are the Cheeky Girls going to support him too. Please god no. or has he binned the one he was rattlein.

4. Red Ken? Nasty piece of work, he is. London needs Boris.

5. Boris for Boss.

6. Don't live in London but having just read his book, it's got to be Boris. Anyone who hates political correctness gets my vote.

7. Boris' book? kin hell - who wrote it?

8. Any danger of someone with a history of real world success, and a proven record of managing large organisations getting nominated? Must be a winner somewhere in that Square Mile to run the UKs money making machine...

Instead of the usual mongy sociopaths we don't bother voting for anymore...

9. Boris will get my vote (if I'm still alive). Lots of reasons, but mainly anything to get rid of the expensive, unreconstructed communist currently costing me lots of money.

10. Boris gets my vote - but only because Jeremy Clarkson isn't standing...