Maybe we should introduce this ourselves...

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
#2
I wish I had been kept in a seperate room!
 
#3
The only two people who matter at any wedding are the bride and groom. That self-righteous cnut didn't have the good grace to honour their wishes on the day and then compounds his disgrace by disparaging the tradition as "radicalism" in that article in the Telegraph.
 
#4
Rather bad manners to my mind. If you accept an invite to someone else's social event you should at least bone up on what's involved before you actually get there.

If you get there and find that - surprise, surprise - different folk do some things differently, the polite thing to do would be to gut it out until the end and know better for the next time. Not throw a track because you were slightly inconvenienced for a bit. It's not as if they were trying to sacrifice his children or anything.
 
#5
Like they always say:

When in Rome, don't draw attention to yourself by being a tit.
 

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
I was appalled to hear this man was boasting about his utter lack of manners.

A Moslem member of my team got married and invited all of us, our wives, husbands and families. He explained that the ladies and gentlemen would be separated during most of the event, and we chatted to one of the other Moslem lads in the office to be sure about etiquette before the event.

As a single lady with a 9 year old son, I arranged for him to spend the afternoon with the chaps from my team, and we ladies looked after the young children. The family ladies made us very welcome, and we had a fantastic time. I was fascinated by the whole event. My son learned a lot too.

Apparently this was a 'modern' wedding because the groom's brothers served the ladies their food. In very strict households this would not be allowed.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world, just as I wouldn't have missed the Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, French and civil weddings I've attended.

IMHO The man is an arrse of the highest order.
 
#7
Imagine being able to do this at Christion/Catholic weddings. Pack the mrs off to the lady room and you can get plastered without her giving you those signs...you know the ones.
 
#8
This is an outrageous affront to nearly 2000 years of Christianity on this sceptred isle. How dare they come over here with their heathen ways, trampling on our mores and ripping apart our most cherished tradition?

I mean, how does anyone get to boff the bridesmaid?
 
#9
miles_gloriosus said:
This is an outrageous affront to nearly 2000 years of Christianity on this sceptred isle. How dare they come over here with their heathen ways, trampling on our mores and ripping apart our most cherished tradition?

I mean, how does anyone get to boff the bridesmaid?

Precisely, where do these Xtians get off telling us that we can't handfast and "jump the broomstick" anymore?

edit because I can't spell.
 
#10
Just proves the point what a bunch of self-appointed ignorant creeps New Liarbore Ministers are. As the saying goes... "When in Rome....!" Would he had done the same thing at an Orthodox Jewish wedding, or a Sikh wedding....

The Man is a First class 'KlunkenKuntenShiessenKopfWalsheide' muppet...... :wink: :p
 
#11
I see the typical daily wail comments to the article about imposing thier beliefs on us ignoring the fact that many who are fortunate enough to afford it would go to Dubai and have a Christian wedding there :roll:
 
#14
Yet another Ignorant Labour Cunt. This is an example of one of their Ministers fucking up big time and later trying to make out that he was making a stand against male religious intolerance of females.

This segregation is not a new thing as he's making out, it's traditional in muslim weddings. Some may have introduced western ways with no segregation, but not often. They have a lavish party as well.

Just gets stressful to non muslims when the men play pass the parcel.
 
#15
Monty417 said:
Yet another Ignorant Labour Cunt. This is an example of one of their Ministers fucking up big time and later trying to make out that he was making a stand against male religious intolerance of females.
Do you think intollerance and odd views like this will become more common now that the good ship Labour-Government is sitting low in the water?

"Erm... what can we do to get people thinking about us again? I know, immigration! Cultural intollerance! That's what all the cool kids are talking about!"
 
#16
NVG_Goatman said:
Monty417 said:
Yet another Ignorant Labour Cunt. This is an example of one of their Ministers fucking up big time and later trying to make out that he was making a stand against male religious intolerance of females.
Do you think intollerance and odd views like this will become more common now that the good ship Labour-Government is sitting low in the water?

"Erm... what can we do to get people thinking about us again? I know, immigration! Cultural intollerance! That's what all the cool kids are talking about!"
You mean that Alistair Campbell is back? not subtle enough. Nah, more like he asked that twat Damien Mcbride for a good idea.
 
#17
I've been to a muslim wedding and women were not seperated, bloody good do it was too, (apart from the lack of alcohol).
Been to Eid celebrations also, where the women were seperated (apart from Mrs Bigus) who, in my opinion, should have been :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
dogmonkey The Intelligence Cell 4
O Sappers 7

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top