Maybe there is a ray of light

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by re-stilly, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe just maybe after all the time and lives maybe there is something positive in Afghan. I know it is the wail, but this guy has obviously got the right stuff and I am not talking about the twat on the floor.

[​IMG]

Linky

2. I have often wondered why your dedicated martyr doesn't use a deadman's handle arrangement rather than a push to make.

3. As I understand it, it is because to push the button is an active act of martyrdom. Letting go could be accidental or forced to or the situation above. As such then it would not be seen as martyrdom. Idiots (them not you), would have used more asterik type words but it is CA afterall.

4. Alternatively, tripping over on he way to the job and putting your hands out to break your fall would see you fail to close the deal! Turning a
    Martyrdom operation into a simply messy suicide!

Dead man switch great once 'on target' but a bit risky (operationally) until then.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. As if you are likely to trip on a pavement in Afghanistan after all that infrastructure investment!!! Pah.

You'll be questioning the H&S aspects of bombers wearing flip-flops next.