Maybe the state department official is a traitor?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6074182.stm

Maybe he had to resign first before making such a statement?

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

...and stand as the Democratic nominee... :lol:

3. Traitor? Nah just a propagandist who has realised that you can't come on Arab TV and lie all the time. He gets quite flustered when he he appears on the Al Jazeera show 'opposite directions', so maybe that explains the slip. :wink:

4. Now that's interesting, castlereagh! Any chance you could expand on it?

I'm not in any way trying to sow you off, castlereach: I really would appreciate your opinion on this.

MsG

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

...and maybe you should re-post under a new User name Sergei-Loki springs to mind !!

Here's a new avatar to go with it:
    [​IMG]

Your Schadenfreude is showing.....by the way, has Putin decided whether or not invade Georgia yet ?

And how IS the war on Chechnya going ?

Le Chevre

6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I didn't notice Goatman...did Sergey steal Mjolnir?...Naughty boy Sergey :twisted:

(Disclaimer 'No God but God' ;))

7. He usually appears on 'Opposite Directions' so I am assuming that is where is made is little faux pas. Anyway opposite directions is Al Jazeera's best rated interview show which usually lets the viewers call in (and quite frankly the viewers hate him). Though he has rather good MSA, he is rather priggish and tries to stay on message the best he can but some time he slips, as the host Faisal Al Kasim is a very tough interviewer. But I guess you have to give Fernandez his props because he is openly critical of Al Jazeera but is still the only US official who has the gumption to go on the channel.

8. Boys, boys. It's only a couple of weeks away from the elections! Opinion in the US is swinging against the war big time, even to the extent that the administration is looking to blame the Generals. This is despite the fact that GW is the Commander in Chief. There are points to be earned by coming out against the war; Fernandez is (I believe) a diplomat (chuckle) and supposedly reflects the view of the White House. There's going to be a lot of filth raked in the next two weeks. Should be interesting: watch UK elections in a couple of years or when the Brownster takes the helm!

9. A traitor for telling the truth?Only in a Bush Admnistration.

Should he resign?He doesn't have to.He will probably "retire for health reasons" before the week is over.

He should have kept his mouth shut and kept collecting a payslip like all the rest of them.On the other hand he can find a better paying job as an "analyst" on CNN.

10. Many thanks indeed for this, castlereagh. In the meantime, I've genned myself up on both "Opposite Directions"and Faisal al Kasim. I agree that Fernandez displayed a lot of bottle to appear.

In addition, I apologise for spelling your name wrong in my earlier post (josst a t'ickie Oirishman, y'know?).

Thanks again for the info.

MsG

11. Loki? Thank you for the proposition. Maybe somebody with name Kennet Gerbert Blair would use this nick-name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki

Very good for K.G.Blair or another Blair.

Mr.Putin is not so ... er intelligent as learned mr.Bush to unleash stupid wars. Economic santions toward Georgia are more effective.

As for Chechnya, then now we hardly ever can use a word 'war'. Number of rebels is almost invisible. Pro-Kremlin ruler in Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov has a big (more than 10,000) in fact personal army (formed mainly from former guerillas). Btw, 50 of them guard Russian military builders in Lebabnon. I fancy, they always met with Hezbollah's fighters, prayed together and ... only Allah knows what else.

12. This is the State Department blaming the Department of Defense, getting the boot in first.

13. Resign,should be fed feet first into a furnace.
    john
    And Sergey you told us you where old NKVD

14. It's a bit late for that. State has been having its teeth kicked in by DoD since 2001. What we're seeing is State having a "We fcuking told you so" moment.

Nonetheless, the guy in question will probably be stamping passports in Guatemala by Thanksgiving.

15. Wouldn't mind stamping a few Guat Passports mi self.
    john
    Still a Guat short for mi full Central American set, unless of course some of the girls in Big C or Queen of Hearts where lieing on cuntry of origin.