• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

maybe its time for a game about the british...?

what with xbox live and COD 6, i have been thinkning that all these games are based on americans. i know cod has some brits in it, but it's still pretty much aimed at yanks. i think the powers that be should make a game about the british forces in afghan and iraq, with accurate kit and weapons. britain has a large gaming "scene", so it wouldnt flop, and i suppose some americans might buy it. if they did it right, it could be very successful. your thoughts please.

parahopes said:
what with xbox live and COD 6, i have been thinkning that all these games are based on americans. i know cod has some brits in it, but it's still pretty much aimed at yanks. i think the powers that be should make a game about the british forces in afghan and iraq, with accurate kit and weapons. britain has a large gaming "scene", so it wouldnt flop, and i suppose some americans might buy it. if they did it right, it could be very successful. your thoughts please.
My thoughts are 'bore off and post in the gaming forum'

parahopes said:

I think you should A) keep hoping, B) post this on the right forum, and C) stick with the ACF

Back off w*nkers. In my day it was Battle and Commando comics, Airfix soldiers and Airfix Revel Models, they were forerunners to contemporary computer games and there was fcuk all wrong with that. Todays "HM Forces" poseable figurines haven't even got an enemy to fight with fer chrissake! What good is that? And why should computer combat games be solely American in flavour.
Albeit the wrong forum to post on, I think the idea's sound and you shouldn't be slappin' a newbie so hard. Give him a break.

Tastytoggle said:
Back off w*nkers. In my day it was Battle and Commando comics, Airfix soldiers and Airfix Revel Models, they were forerunners to contemporary computer games and there was fcuk all wrong with that. Todays "HM Forces" poseable figurines haven't even got an enemy to fight with fer chrissake! What good is that? And why should computer combat games be solely American in flavour.
Albeit the wrong forum to post on, I think the idea's sound and you shouldn't be slappin' a newbie so hard. Give him a break.
And here come Mr PC :D

Tastytoggle said:
Todays "HM Forces" poseable figurines haven't even got an enemy to fight with fer chrissake!
Im sure Barbie and Cindy could be dressed up in Burkahs and armed with an AK, failing that, next door's cat could be bullied into becoming a target for aimed shots..

Fatbadge said:
Tastytoggle said:
Todays "HM Forces" poseable figurines haven't even got an enemy to fight with fer chrissake!
Im sure Barbie and Cindy could be dressed up in Burkahs and armed with an AK, failing that, next door's cat could be bullied into becoming a target for aimed shots..
That's shocking... why don't we have a range of 'Terry Taliban' and 'Paddy PIRA' figurines? Maybe add in some West Side Boyz.

chocolate_frog said:
Fatbadge said:
Tastytoggle said:
That's shocking... why don't we have a range of 'Terry Taliban' and 'Paddy PIRA' figurines? Maybe add in some West Side Boyz.
That's actually not a bad idea. Extra points for them being ridiculous racist caricatures. Paddy hiding a bomb in his sack of potatoes etc...

Latest Threads