May Intake

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Bath101, Oct 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone had any up to date info on whether the May 2011 Sandhurst intake has been fully booked yet? If not does anyone know when this usually does get booked up?

I'm aware the AOSB cut off date is some time in Jan and the PCCBC is March. I have my AOSB early december, so was wondering is I pass do you think I'll be early enough to snatch a place on the May intake?

2. I'm aiming for May intake, and am aiming for a Jan AOSB, assuming the briefing goes OK. I have it on good authority that this is still fine for May.
  3. The best thing that you can do is stay in contact with the OCAC in Sandhurst about numbers. A good many people don't pass PCCBC and so their places go up for grabs two weeks prior to intake. It's quite possible to get in by calling then as there isn't a formal back-logging list.

It may even be possible to get into the January intake by the same means.

Good luck and aim high.

4. Out of interest how do most people fail PCCBC? Medical? Phys? Turning up butt naked with two pencils up their nose shouting "wibble!"?
  5. Hi,

Yep my AOSB is 25th Jan. This was arranged by Westbury for May intake.

Fingers crossed!
  6. I was under the impression that the PCCBC was just a matter of showing up fit with no serious injuries, passing the PFT and that was it?
    Can any one comment on how thorough the PCCBC medical is in comparison to the AOSB one?
  7. May is nowhere near being fully booked, infact, there are quite a few spaces, so get on to yer ACA and get to AOSB asap. I doubt January will be a cut off as AOSB is chockah up 'til then.

Alles gute.
  8. Same here. please clarify!
  9. PBW

PBW Swinger

Just rumours in terms of the medical at PCCBC - they are more thorough with the tests. Westbury doctors see thousands of applicants per annum whereas Sandhurst doctors see hundreds.

I was told pass the medical and PFA and you're in. The rest of the PCCBC consists of kit issue, a couple of lectures and chats with the current OCdts. Am yet to look through all of the paperwork again but any other information is good.
  10. Just booked my Main board for beginning of Feb, and the list of dates I was sent state that the lastest Main board for May 2011 intake is Board 2415 which is April 8 to april 11.

I booked onto the earliest board possible earlier this week and it was Feb
  11. You'd have to be pretty naff to fail anything at the PCCBC, as you would have passed it all at AOSB, BUT maybe some people did AOSB years ago and rock up thinking they still have a place after 3 years of pissing it up the wall and eating pies to stay warm at uni and are understandably not the same person...