Maximuscle

G

Green_Garfield

Has anyone used Maximuscle's Thermobol product?

Is it any good worth using to help toneing up? using maximuscle promax and thats brilliant.

any help will be great cheers.

Thermobol and other 'fat loss' supps dont work on their own. You need to do loads of fat-burning excercise and eat correctly. They can help provide motivation and do work as part of a proper regeime. Dont expect to be able to keep up the 'Lads' Diet' of Stella and Kebabs, do little phys, and pop a few pills and watch the weight melt away!

Oh, and STAY HYDRATED! Drink at least 2 litres of water a day! For me, proper hydration was the way to proper weight loss and a marked improvement in body tone!

Maccy_Bear said:
Thermobol and other 'fat loss' supps dont work on their own. You need to do loads of fat-burning excercise and eat correctly. They can help provide motivation and do work as part of a proper regeime. Dont expect to be able to keep up the 'Lads' Diet' of Stella and Kebabs, do little phys, and pop a few pills and watch the weight melt away!

Oh, and STAY HYDRATED! Drink at least 2 litres of water a day! For me, proper hydration was the way to proper weight loss and a marked improvement in body tone!
Totaly agree with the above. also, if you are taking creatine you will need to stop using it as it retains water and give you that fuller look. Slowly increase protein and reduce carbs.

heard_it_all_before said:
Maccy_Bear said:

Totaly agree with the above. also, if you are taking creatine you will need to stop using it as it retains water and give you that fuller look. Slowly increase protein and reduce carbs.
Yes but when you come off it the water weight goes with in the week. To be honest creatine is always a good thing. It aids recovery and workload. The 3rd generation with the ethyl ester can be bought which doesn't put on the water weight

Drinking a lot works because a lot of the time people mistake dehydration with hunger

On a side note, get some maximuscle cyclone, when taken properly and with some reasonabley hard gym sessions does wonders for increasing your general muscle mass and it is about 1 million times more effective than whey protien. With extra muscle you should find the extra flab less of an issue as it goes quickly leaving you with the chubb you really need.

Just don't buy the Choc flavoured one, it is utterly foul.

TMS

The_Majors_Son said:
On a side note, get some maximuscle cyclone, when taken properly and with some reasonabley hard gym sessions does wonders for increasing your general muscle mass and it is about 1 million times more effective than whey protien. With extra muscle you should find the extra flab less of an issue as it goes quickly leaving you with the chubb you really need.

Just don't buy the Choc flavoured one, it is utterly foul.

TMS
* 60g of protein per daily serving - virtually zero lactose
* 10g of creatine and 10g of glutamine peptides
* 80mg of 97% Beta-Ecdysterone
* 3000mg of HMB™ (Enzymatic Metabolites of Leucine)
* Contains Nitrogain™ (a power blend of: Taurine, NAC, Chromium Polynicotinate and Orotic acid)

Its basically whey and creatine

HMB needs more then that to make a difference as far as I know

Let me clarify a second, i don't mean just take cyclone, stack it up on top of normal food. Just on an empirical basis i found it to be more effective at building up muscle mass than straight whey protein/creatine mix.

The only thing that seemed to help me lose fat was loads of coffee, and that was because a) it makes you jittery and you burn calories twitching and moving, and b) it mobilises fat into the bloodstream which is then available for exercise - if you are not really eating enough caffeine gets you through.

I'm not sure if any of that is a good thing in the long term.

gobbyidiot said:
The only thing that seemed to help me lose fat was loads of coffee
Cheers......

I've just injected a bottle of nescafe into my forehead and I've still got moobs

Take you advice and shove it in your dick, its crap and doesn't work

The_Majors_Son said:
Let me clarify a second, i don't mean just take cyclone, stack it up on top of normal food. Just on an empirical basis i found it to be more effective at building up muscle mass than straight whey protein/creatine mix.

okie dokie

I was replying because there are a lot of things that have very similar ingrediants but would probably be cheaper (maximuscle is over priced for the ingrediants

wnak lots and change arms everyday you will have arms like arnie in no time

G

Green_Garfield

bitterandtwisted said:
wnak lots and change arms everyday you will have arms like arnie in no time
I'm at the COB so that is already on the fitness program,
but that has go nothing to do with getting rid of the little big of fat covering my abs.

Thanks anyway

1ManRiot said:
Not read the full thread but save your money.

I abhor the term "toning up". To lose weight, input must be < output. Simple as that. Aids will help but only if everything else is in order.
Cutting bf has no standing on athletic performance (given you can see your toes past your belly)

Thats how I've always seen it anyway

Ian1983 said:
1ManRiot said:
Not read the full thread but save your money.

I abhor the term "toning up". To lose weight, input must be < output. Simple as that. Aids will help but only if everything else is in order.
Cutting bf has no standing on athletic performance (given you can see your toes past your belly)

Thats how I've always seen it anyway

I would disagree, less fat = lighter = faster and or better endurance.

^^^

thats why I referd to a certain point.

Although I know a couple of brothers who thai box with me. Both over 110 kg, both about 6 ft 1 and both fitter then a lot of light weights that I know.

And they both have....shull we say....a belly. But both vegetarians

robbiedont said:
Don't bother with Maximuscle products, they are over priced and don't always contain what they say...

Use a company like www.myprotein.co.uk and make up your own!

:)
a man after my own heart

I did post a link to their new fat burner thing, but I can't find it on here now (scanning though because at work)

I posted this the other day about Thermobol:-

"It contains Bitter Orange Peel (which contains Synephrine, similar to Ephedine), Caffeine, Green Tea extract, Guarana extract, Capsiacan extract from chilli peppers - which are all natural stimulants and will aid fat loss. I started taking them 8 days ago, but then I only have 5 or so lbs to lose and I was getting p*ssed off with the stubborn love handles that would not shift...I train 4 or 5 days a week and eat quite healthy so thought I'd try these out. You feel jittery for the first day but I have been fine since then and sleep ok and my appetite is the same. I have already noticed the difference, I have lost 2lbs and the other half said she can see it working. BUT It is not a substitute for hard work and I won't use it longer then the 30 day course, as I still question any stimulant and have heard of a case of diet supressants leading to cardio problems (though that was in an overwieght inactive 55 year old who was on them for a year)."

Don't bother with Maximuscle products, they are over priced and don't always contain what they say...
I've used maximuscle (among various other brands) for about a decade and I'm always amazed at some of the negative comments I see on the web - can you actually quantify that statement above? I studied Sports Science for 3 years and did extensive research and reports into the supplement industry so I know my stuff.......

I think that if you order from maximuscle you will actually be able to request a certificate of analysis for every product. Back in the day of Mark Richardson's drug scandal, the guy tried blaming maximuscle when he was pulled up for nandralone - because of this claim which maximuscle totally refuted as false, they implemented screening on all their products to contain exactly what they say they do on the tub (in essence meaning any pro athlete can use the products without doubt or accusation). I'm not against the concept of budget buys from myprotein, but there is now way they can make such a guarantee. In my opinion, without the honesty and development of maximuscle over the past decade in fighting legislative issues and making the industry respectable, companies such as MP wouldn't exist today. And regarding caffeine, there's some evidence that the caffeine in coffee is not as effective as the raw ingredient (due to inhibitory effects of other co-nutrients).

P.S - I see a lot of comments about thermogenic formulas such as Thermobol. As people have commented - you may not want to use them all the time due to their stimulatory effects. However, what you could do is cycle their use with other non-stimulant nutrients; such as Guggul, CLA, Chromium, Fish oils etc (for me fish oil is fantastic - but make sure you compare the epa and dha level of the product you choose - at least 4-6g of HIGH quality FO).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Praetorian Health and Fitness 3
jonny36 Health and Fitness 24
? Health and Fitness 18