Maximum BPFA scores

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by PO18, Aug 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know what are the maximum scores/times are for the press-ups, sit-ups and the 1.5 mile run on the BPFA?

I believe that you can get a maximum of 100 points for each event and that the scores you need for maximum points are 72 press-ups, 80 sit-ups and under 8:15 on the run. Can anyone confirm this or tell me that I am talking utter tripe.

2. You need 50 sit ups, and 10:30 on the run. The sit-ups are something like 72.

Note: that's for under 30 males, and TA.

On my last Selection weekend some girl managed a 17:44 run and she still passed... Her other scores wheren't great either.
  3. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The scores you just posted are the MINIMUM. I believe that you are given a fitness grade with regards to how well you do, the maximum being 100 for each event. What i want is confirmation that the scores i gave are correct for what is necessary to get 300 points.

So thank you listy, but it is the MAXIMUM scores i am looking for - what i need to get 100 points in each. Sounds **** but it would help me greatly. Anyone in the know?

4. For an under 30

Press ups = 74
    Sit ups = 72
    Run = under 8.30

This is of the top of my head. So I maybe slightly out
  5. What about for a 40 year old, min for green and max for 300, anyone know?
  6. Can't see how as I thought the ATR's did a BPFA on arrival anyone going over 13.55 gets RTU'd.
  7. Thanks a lot mate. I do hope that is correct as it means i'm there already. Good stuff.

8. Not quite right. 100 points on the BPFA are:

Press-ups: 72
    Sit-ups: 77
    Run: 8.15

I am frustratingly certain of this: my sit-ups and press-ups always score me a comfortable 100 points each, but my run never gets below 9:30, DAMN IT!
  9. OK cheers mate. I was pretty much bang on with what i thought then.

How do the points work? How many points do you get for getting 9:30 on the run?

10. About 70, I think. I've got one in three weeks, I'll let you know!
  11. Arfur, you get 70 points for 10.30, about 82 for 9.30
  12. Thanks ducati.
  13. Whats up, am I the only 40 year old out here! God I feel old now.