Maximum age

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by nmdbase, Feb 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone
    Now that the upper age has changed to 33, does that mean join before 33 or before your 34th birthday?

2. Mmmm looks like they have not updated their website as the upper age limit was raised to 33 - which means that you have to enlist prior to 33rd birthday,
  3. Thanks
  4. I am 34 in a couple of weeks and i have just been accepted for re-entry, even though i have no recognisable previous service i was a recruit for a short time, however they have accepted me on a full 22 year engagement, and not an s type so it would appear you do not have to enlist prior to your 33rd birthday.

5. The general rule is enlist prior to 33rd birthday, unless CAMus. However special enlistments can be applied for if you are considered suitable.
  6. I am 33yrs and 8 months and was in the ta for a year and a half so I might be in with a chance, did you just go to the careers office?
  7. Scrub my previous post, good old Glasgow.....they screwed up on my date of birth.

I am now an s tpe and not a full 22 year, for a full 22 year engagement u ned to enlist prior to 33rd birthday.

however not sure how the versatile engagement coming in will effect all this ?