Max Keiser Makes it to the BBC.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by geezer466, Jan 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - GDP: Max Keiser on UK economy, bonds and gold market

It looked like Andrew Neil found it a welcome relief to be able to ask a question and get a straightforward answer rather than all the dreary obfuscation, diversion and avoidance he has to deal with from UK politicians and commentators.

Max Keiser on the BBC.... We must be nearing an 'event' or turning point........
  2. His words were quite worrying. Other than hoard gold and silver he didn't seem to have anything positive for us. All we can do is hope that it doesn't happen (interest rates going up).
  3. He said the pound has devalued 20% since 2008 but exports had only risen by a tiny amount, and suggested the pound was set to devalue sharply now again.

Also seemed to say that interest rates may rise 2% -- if that's enough to tip some into arrears then they should not have over borrowed.

Back in the 90s or 80s, rates were 10% or higher at times. If people now rely on mortgages being 1%, some thing's obviously very wrong.

All the money being spent servicing huge debt levels is being denied to the wider economy... Something is going to have to give at some point or we will be in zombieland forever....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Keiser has been saying the same thing on RT for yonks, so he was at least being consistent. Being on Brillo's show doesn't mean that he is any more right than the rest of the professional naysayers out there.
  5. People said I was daft fixing my mortgage at 5.28% out to the end. I have a feeling people won't think the same when the lid blows off the interest rates as they must inevitably do.
    • Like Like x 1

6. I can't wait for the bastards to go back up.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. A lot of people using their stupid low tracker rates to buy more crap they don't need or can really afford are going to get one hell of a shock when they do.