Max Age for returning?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Sack_them_all, Dec 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies/Gents,

I went on to S Type in 2009 and that will now end in Jan 2014 (no will by CoC to fight Glasgow further). Do any of the experts on here know if the TA Regs can be bent to allow a rather mature (will be 47 but still 300 Club for age) returnee? As far as I can see 43 is the cut off but would be good to know otherwise. It isnt a transfer as it will be discharge and re-engagement so just looking to know if its worth contacting the Adj of my former unit or if this is a fools errand.
  2. Being ex Regular they will take you on a case by case scenario past 43, they have to see if your going to be worthwhile to their TA unit if there only going to get use out of you up to 55. It is do able as I have passed a few in your age bracket to TALO's and PSO's and they will assess if your viable....get in touch with your local TA unit or go through the ACIO and get a better idea...maybe wirth doing sooner than later whilst your still on your S type as you will still have to pass medical requirements and 203 Special Enlistment.
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

There is a piece of work in progress that should make everything posted by The Iron out of date.

Start making enquiries now. The future of the reserves is bright, the future is old and downgraded (apparently)!