Max age for 4 para

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Kola, Jan 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,

Can I just run this by you

What is the max age limit for 4 Para for an ex regular. (I served four years as a driver in the RLC leaving in 1999 if relivent) I'm currently 36 years old.

Many thanks for any info
  2. Check your PM's.
  3. Pm'd back, with thanks.
  4. msr

msr LE

This isn't a secret, could we have the answer for benefit of others?
  5. Pm'd for security reasons of name I have been given mate. Good protocol but I can see how it may seem ignorant. This isn't the case though.
  6. PS - when I find max age out for ex regs I'll post below mate.
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The maximum age for joining 4 Para is theoretically the same as the rest of the TA.

The stumbling block at 36 is not your age, but potentially your fitness. If you run the risk reducton run (2.4km) at your TA Recruit Selection weekend (TARS) in under 9.30 you stand a fair chance of getting through the training, and will definately need to be under 10 minutes to even be considered for acceptance on the cadre.
  8. Tell George Forman fitness is an issue at 36 :)
  9. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I don't need to tell anyone. I am not the one hoping to join :wink:

Good luck.
  10. Ha ha. Fair point.

I aim to do Para 10 before I even apply. Maybe I'll see you there?
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Not a hope. Far too much like hard work!

Joking aside, if you are a 10 minute or under 2.4km runner, don't wait until then to apply. The recruit training programme is demanding but progressive, and will get you to the level of fitness you need to have for P Coy, provided you apply yourself in your own time.
  12. I'll time myself and find out. Thanks duke