MATTs - NRPS

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by finklestein, Apr 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Posted in RHQ & Discipline, but probably this is the best place for it.

On a slightly different angle, here is an extract from the MATTs FAQs as found on www.army.mod.uk/servin...t_wip_.htm

At what level are NRPS required complete MATTs?

NRPS are TA Group B personnel and must pass MATTs ‘commensurate with the unit that they are part of ’
    TA Regs Amendment 29 dated Nov 05 states ‘NRPS personnel are required to comply with the same mandatory annual training tests laid down in Army Training Directives as all other TA personnel. They are to attend training nights, training weekends and camp (whether at home or abroad) if required to do so by the commanding officer.’

Oh how this makes me giggle - most of them don't even have uniform! The thought of them being let loose on a range or doing any exercise other than walking 18 holes. I bet that will make some of the PSAOs less obnoxious when it comes to bounty time, if they have had to complete the same tests. It will be interesting how much integrety is shown by COs when it comes to enforcing this one, or will the usual blind eye be given as happens with the essential attenders - storemen, chefs, mess staff.

It will be a great improvement now the 5 year contract is in place, as the lazy will gradually be replaced by keen individuals who will work hard to ensure their contract is renewed.

Standing by.......

2. OK, call me a snapper for biting, but the following statement shows how little you know about NRPS and/or how few you actually know. It also shows you have a total disrespect for your CO, or anybody elses!: :x

"most of them don't even have uniform! The thought of them being let loose on a range or doing any exercise other than walking 18 holes. I bet that will make some of the PSAOs less obnoxious when it comes to bounty time, if they have had to complete the same tests. It will be interesting how much integrety is shown by COs when it comes to enforcing this one, or will the usual blind eye be given as happens with the essential attenders - storemen, chefs, mess staff". 8O

I know NRPS, like myself, that do have uniform :D and regularly work more than 12 hrs a day. :( In fact, for most of the last 12 months I've been working 7 days a week :( . There are NRPS that not only do their paid job, but help out with Cadets, local charities, Duke of Edinburgh award schemes etc.

If you genuinly & truthfully hold the views you expressed then you must be part of a very disappointng unit, or are you the only one in your unit that thinks this way? Why not discuss it with your CO? :D