MATTS levels question

Can anybody shed any light on what needs to actually be acheived for MATTS level 3 and possibly explain why its acceptable for us to have a lower standard of training or different levels of training in the same unit (as some are warned off for ops)? Before anybody mentions it - PSI is unavailable at the moment.

You need to be up to level 1 standard before you deploy all Matts you do at RTMC are at level 1.

Not too sure what is required for level 3 as only do level one here!

I believe for level 3 it's 2x PFT's, Weapons handling, BCD and all the MATT 6 stuff (V & S, Drug Abuse, etc). Correct me if im wrong

Level 3 is 1 x WHT, 2 x PFT, BCD, V&S and Law of Armed Conflict. CO decides what level your unit is training at (TA Regs para 2.058a) , though this is most likely directed to him from Bde or Div. MATT Level 1 is the level to be achieved by those due to deploy on Ops.

Can confirm that last post reference level 3, as I have just done it.

Does anyone know if there is an up to date copy of the MATT training manuals online?

I remember that there was some when they were first issued however I have been unable to find any since.

Slightly off topic but anyway, I completed MATTs level 2 at the beginning of this training year(April 09). Around about 3 months later they changes the required level to level 3. Does that mean I am qualified to level 2 or level 3?

And surely if you have qualified at level 2, you are at a better standard than those only qualified at level 3?

timpegasus said:
You need to be up to level 1 standard before you deploy all Matts you do at RTMC are at level 1.

Thats what I was driving at.. I cant see the point some guys training to level 1 while the rest train to level 3. Surely it's not that much more effort to train everyone to level 1 , even if level 3 is what is required for bounty?

A word on the BCD. At level 3 it is ONLY the part A test - recovery position, injured soldier drill, dressing, tourniquet and all done in five minutes.

Hardly worth the effort!

Q

SWEATY_MONG said:
timpegasus said:

Thats what I was driving at.. I cant see the point some guys training to level 1 while the rest train to level 3. Surely it's not that much more effort to train everyone to level 1 , even if level 3 is what is required for bounty?
level 1 cost more money, more ammo, more training more instructors more facilitys (level 3 has no ammo requirement) its all about costs, not much more effort but more money,

Bumped, anyone any idea what the answer is to my question?

devilish said:
Slightly off topic but anyway, I completed MATTs level 2 at the beginning of this training year(April 09). Around about 3 months later they changes the required level to level 3. Does that mean I am qualified to level 2 or level 3?

And surely if you have qualified at level 2, you are at a better standard than those only qualified at level 3?

Yes.

msr

Cheers MSR. Just one more question then. I'm being told that I am required to complete a 2nd PFT/PFA before I can qualify for bounty. Surely if I've already qualified at level 2, then level 3 qualification is redundant?

devilish said:
Cheers MSR. Just one more question then. I'm being told that I am required to complete a 2nd PFT/PFA before I can qualify for bounty. Surely if I've already qualified at level 2, then level 3 qualification is redundant?
Wouldn't you think? Clearly you have a low wattage RHQ.

But for the thick end of 1600 quid, I think you can manage 14 mins of effort.

msr

so the pft/a do you just have to attempt it and not actually pass?

this seems a bit daffed for me (even for the army)

Indeed. I'll punish myself and think of the dosh as i plod along. cheers.

spad said:
so the pft/a do you just have to attempt it and not actually pass?

this seems a bit daffed for me (even for the army)
PFA, due to gender equality or something p1sh like that.

Why should a chick qualify for £1600 when I beat her on her run, yet came in on 12.01 minutes and she came in on 13.59 minutes?

With reference to the initial question....

I don't think that anyone would disagree that people who are deploying on ops need to be trained to a higher level than people who have no intention/no requirement to deploy.

Surely the question is whether or not its acceptable to reduce the level of training required for people who are not deploying?

securit said:
With reference to the initial question....

I don't think that anyone would disagree that people who are deploying on ops need to be trained to a higher level than people who have no intention/no requirement to deploy.

Surely the question is whether or not its acceptable to reduce the level of training required for people who are not deploying?
That is what I meant. just had difficulty getting it accross due to a lack of coffee and suffering with Man Flu!!!

securit said:
DS answer: no it isn't.
Practical answer: (for cost reduction reasons) yes it is.

NB Level 3 was specified as the minimum requirement for bounty.

msr

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Army Reserve 47
msr Army Reserve 10
W The Training Wing 30