MATTS levels question

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SWEATY_MONG, Feb 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anybody shed any light on what needs to actually be acheived for MATTS level 3 and possibly explain why its acceptable for us to have a lower standard of training or different levels of training in the same unit (as some are warned off for ops)? Before anybody mentions it - PSI is unavailable at the moment.
  2. You need to be up to level 1 standard before you deploy all Matts you do at RTMC are at level 1.

Not too sure what is required for level 3 as only do level one here!
  3. I believe for level 3 it's 2x PFT's, Weapons handling, BCD and all the MATT 6 stuff (V & S, Drug Abuse, etc). Correct me if im wrong
  4. Level 3 is 1 x WHT, 2 x PFT, BCD, V&S and Law of Armed Conflict. CO decides what level your unit is training at (TA Regs para 2.058a) , though this is most likely directed to him from Bde or Div. MATT Level 1 is the level to be achieved by those due to deploy on Ops.
  5. 2x PFA, WHT, BCDx1, V&S and LOAC.

Its all on ArmyNet.
  6. Can confirm that last post reference level 3, as I have just done it.

Does anyone know if there is an up to date copy of the MATT training manuals online?

I remember that there was some when they were first issued however I have been unable to find any since.
  7. Slightly off topic but anyway, I completed MATTs level 2 at the beginning of this training year(April 09). Around about 3 months later they changes the required level to level 3. Does that mean I am qualified to level 2 or level 3?

And surely if you have qualified at level 2, you are at a better standard than those only qualified at level 3?
  8. Thats what I was driving at.. I cant see the point some guys training to level 1 while the rest train to level 3. Surely it's not that much more effort to train everyone to level 1 , even if level 3 is what is required for bounty?
  9. A word on the BCD. At level 3 it is ONLY the part A test - recovery position, injured soldier drill, dressing, tourniquet and all done in five minutes.

Hardly worth the effort!

10. level 1 cost more money, more ammo, more training more instructors more facilitys (level 3 has no ammo requirement) its all about costs, not much more effort but more money,
  11. Bumped, anyone any idea what the answer is to my question?
  12. msr

msr LE

13. Cheers MSR. Just one more question then. I'm being told that I am required to complete a 2nd PFT/PFA before I can qualify for bounty. Surely if I've already qualified at level 2, then level 3 qualification is redundant?
  14. msr

msr LE

Wouldn't you think? Clearly you have a low wattage RHQ.

But for the thick end of 1600 quid, I think you can manage 14 mins of effort.

15. so the pft/a do you just have to attempt it and not actually pass?

this seems a bit daffed for me (even for the army)