Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SavageByName, Nov 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been informed by our SSM that the MATTs training done on our CMSR will not count towards our MATTs total. I know other units have been allowed to qualify for their bounty for their first year by completing their recruits carda. Due to the time of year, the amount of MATTs weekends left, and how many weekends I missed by going on my CMSR, I dont see myself qualifying this year.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

And before you start, I know we aren't in it for the money, but it would be nice, wouldn't it?
  2. Back when it was all ITDs, they didn't count towards bounty qualification. Or at least mine didn't. Not that I'm bitter...
  3. Guess it depends when you did your CMSR. I have had to re-do mine for this bounty year.
  4. Bounty Qualification and MATTs is now somewhat complex for Recruits, as dependent on what stage of Training you are in at depends on the level you need to achieve. Simply its my belief that if you complete Phase 1A, B and C training in year you qualify!
  5. Yeah, I think it is at most units, aparently we are the exception. Oh well, bounty for the first year is about £10 isnt it?
  6. I may be wrong, but like Ex says the first year of training in your recruits qualifies you for bounty as long as you have passed the criteria, regardless of unit.

I thought it was closer to £400 first year??
  7. We have a girl in our Sqn who has been allowed to claim all of her Matts from CMSR and another who hasn't!

so what is the rule?
  8. If you've passed your CMSR and MATTS then surely you've passed your MATTS. Are you sure you ain't speak to some jobsworth?
  9. However, in the true style of TA paperwork, ill bet that 9 times out of 10 the ATR don't communicate this back to the unit in question, and therefore Recruit Sproggysprog ends up out of pocket.

Besides, you should still be going on MATT weekends anyway to maintain fitness and skills. Otherwise, you're getting dangerously close to the job description of a bounty hunter.
  10. msr

msr LE

Do me a favour :roll:

11. Looking further into this have you completed your trade traning ?

Are you a trained soldier or just a recruit.

I have a feeling that you must have completed phase 2 to qualify for bounty in the first year? or at least attended 16 days continuous training.

If your feeling really up for it the TA regs are on Army net it explains it all in there :?
  12. Errr, some of us do.....
  13. I still go to MATTs weekends, but they seem to want to only complete the same 3 or 4 subjects over and over. I cant seem to get on a CFT for the life of me.

I have passed my CMSR and have my trade training in Jan (as long as the paperwork is cleared by then). Does this have something to do with it?
  14. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

CFT's can be tricky for some units to get organised (some lack the PTI's, or anywhere suitable locally to carry one out).. however you've still got a while before the bounty cut off. If this is the only stumbling block then I'd talk to your unit and enquire whether there will be a CFT run that you'd be able to attend. I'd put money on many in your unit not having completed this one yet.

When I completed my CMSR etc (few years ago now), the CFT carried out there did qualify me for bounty, however with the jump to 6 miles I'm not sure whether this increased distance is done during basic. You can possibly enlighten me on this yourself?

15. I did a 4 miler I think, we werent told but it didnt feel like much.

We have a PTI who is always up for a CFT, but our schedules always seem to clash. Apparently there will be 2 more MATTs weekends before the cuttoff, and I am on trade training for one of them. Better hope I can make the other!