Mattress regulations

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DesktopCommando, Feb 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the rules are on going to a new unit about getting a new mattress for your bed or what the life span is before getting exchanges done ?

DTC

2. Why, have you "swamped" the old one? :D

3. 6 feet backstroke??

4. What sort of mattress is it, the green plastic "mattress anti swamping" ? or one of the fabric ones.

ISTR the all mattresses have to be clean and any stain ( Its tea sir honest ) has to be marked with a circle and the QM's sig.

but I could be talking balls

5. no going to new unit and had enough of the circle thing, since I know that it dosent mean anything to the ASU guys, and there has got to be a userlife on a mattress, with a limit to the amount of persons using it !

6. The green ones dont stop you swamping and cost more money in the long run as you have to pay a bigger bill for the ammount of piss that leaks onto the carpet.....so Ive heard :oops:

For some reason after my first 4 years stint in Traz in the late 80s as a singly the QMs departmant didnt want my mattress back, it weighed a tonne when i took it down there for some reason and you could tell how old it was from the rings on there.

Seriously though Ive heard that Sodexho are sods when it comes to hand overs and a few lads in Colchester were trying to take mattresses with them on postings.

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bin the issue bed & matress,buy a small sofa bed for the duration & flog it on when you move on..

8. Go to your local Benson's or whatever and just buy a new mattress.