MATT2

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Goku, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I received an email from my CoC yesterday stating the soon to be introduced PFT pass has now been removed from MATT2 as a bounty qualifier.

I’m surprised as I was under the impression that as of the new training year fitness was to change from an assessment to a test to bring us inline with the regs.

Anyone know the reason for the sudden change in policy?

2. msr

msr LE

I don't believe it ever was part of the bounty qualifier.

I suspect it has been removed so that no-one can claim TA pay for going to the gym.

msr

3. Or it has been removed cos most people would fail it

4. MSR is right. You have to attempt two a year. At no point is passing the PFT a requirement for Bounty.

Can I pre-empt people by saying now that the CFT is six miles and it is not going up to eight miles next year.

I'm happy to be proven wrong but you need to provide the reference document as opposed to random "but my mate/PSI/random bloke in pub told me so" type stuff.

5. bummer....

we have been told that we ARE doing an 8 mile jolly

i told the SSgt Major its only 6 if you are not called up but that conversation seems to have fallen on deaf ears

ill wait and see.

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

But the pace is the same, so if the clock stops at 6 miles and you are in time, then you have passed the MATT. The 2 miles at the end are for maximum benefit!

7. Note that I didn't say that you shouldn't do eight miles (or more), simply that it is only six for your Bounty.

8. I was told 8 miles as of April 2008 by PTI at the weekend. Will see tonight where he got that info from.

9. Can someone kindly direct me to some document that categorically states you do not have to do the PFT as part of your Annual Bounty requirements, and indeed what Physical element is required for bounty qualification.
    Cheers in advance

10. PM MSR I think he has it

11. cheers for that,im up for the eight anyway......

12. Check your PMs

13. I Don’t know how current This document is, however it is the link for direction on TA MATTS on the army site, so a reasonable person would expect it to be current :roll:

It would suggest to me (if it is current) that a trained soldier FFA has to achieve a CFT (6 miles) and 1 PFT (Para 8c refers)

And for soldiers to be FFM & FFD the standard is 1 CFT (8 Miles) and 2 x PFT a year.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree / quoting an obsolete document

14. Because the CFT is Gender Fair it is a Pass of Fail, those planning making the PFT a pass forgot it is not gender fair, therefor it was decided it would be attempt only as there would be cries of foul when a female got Bounty for X pressups where a bloke didn't. You aparently can not have 2 standards whereas the CFT is same for both sexes. .

15. I think you have your “Gender Fair” & “Gender Free” reasoning the wrong way around

CFT = Gender Free, the same standard for all

PFT = Gender Fair, standard set to take into account you physiology

Sorry mate I don’t really buy into the argument (even if it was the one used)

Following the logic, surly an infanteer can argue that he is being penalised (for bounty purposes) for having to carry 25KG when his Royal Signal counterpart only carries 15KG or to take it a stage further, why should a 50 year old get his bounty without having to do a CFT at all.

Rules for CFT are set according to role and rules for PFT are set according to age and physiology. If they where not considered fair, surely every soldier (would for bounty purposes), regardless of gender, age or role be required to achieve the exact same standard.