MATT tests for TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by WingPO, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please can someone explain what the MATT test are, how many of them are there and what do they entail? Are there specific tests purely for TA?

I have no former military experience and would like too know the standards expected. Are they pass/fail? If you fail are you not suitable for the TA or active deployment?
    Is it a one try only scenario? What training is given prior to taking them?

My apologies if you've heard this before. Your time and effort (and humour) is much appreciated.
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Weapon handling test(twice a year)
    BCDT(basic casualty drills test)
    BLS(basic life saving)
    CFT(combat fitness test)
    PFA(personal fitness assessment
    CBRN(chemical, biological,radiological, nuclear)
    LOAC(Law of armed conflict)
    V+S(Values and Standards)
    WIPS(once every 3 years)
    MR(Map Reading)

Not TA specific.

Edited to add map reading.
  4. Look on Armynet its all in there. :D
  5. As MSR states you will be given all the help you need to pass them, however if you don't you are not suitable for deployment as you have pass them at Chilwell.
    From a stab POV they are one of the requirements for the bounty.
  6. Thanks for the replies.

Armynet won't let me access as I'm not military or ex-military - anyone fancy letting me in as their guest?

Please don't laugh - What is a stab?
    Why would I have to pass tests at Chilwell? What is Chilwell?

If I don't ask questions I won't get to find out.
  7. Ah!

Stupid TA bastard. I should have known!
  8. msr

msr LE

You should really save all these questions up and ask at your local unit.

It is their job to help
  9. Take your point, however; I personally dislike people who turn up with no underpinning knowledge and look to have every question explained or handed to them on a plate. I prefer to have some idea and be able to expand from there.
    Your time and knowledge is appreciated.
  10. Just go along to your local TA unit and let them know your interested, they are used to potential recruits not having a clue, thats all part of the training process.

As you progress with your training your knowledge of the job and life as a soldier will expand with time.

Good luck.