Mathematics is racist - California's Department of Education ends high school fast tracking for the naturally gifted.

Math is really about language and culture and social justice, and no one is naturally better at it than anyone else, according to the framework.
"The inequity of mathematics tracking in California can be undone through a coordinated approach in grades 6–12," reads a January 2021 draft of the framework.

New California Dept of Education framework to disadvantage gifted students.

Math is really about language and culture and social justice, and no one is naturally better at it than anyone else, according to the framework.
"The inequity of mathematics tracking in California can be undone through a coordinated approach in grades 6–12," reads a January 2021 draft of the framework.

Taxes and talent, the first being the reason Musk moved operations to Texas and may shift to French Guiana.

LCD education.
the other day, on Forged in Fire, they gave contestants a huge blade to copy.
In one fifth scale.
So... blade was 75" long, and just over a foot wide.
tape measure and calculators were supplied. [yes... calculators]
Some of the mongs still got it wrong, on width and length... twelve inch blade, or < 2 inch width.

DarkBrig

War Hero
Throughout my life I have discovered (amongst others) two things about myself,
1. I could never be a fighter pilot as I always get Left and Right confused, I put this down to being left handed

and

2. I am not good at arithmetic and this I firmly believe is because I never learnt my times tables properly.

I think both of these would still be true if I was black, green or yellow.

Math is really about maths!

But on a more serious note; fcuking mental. And the comments on calculus...............

Chef

LE

So the march of the stupid continues.

Universities deciding spelling doesn't matter (Hull) now let's discourage people with a natural talent from developing it.

I can only hope the idiots who think this a good idea, and their families, are served by pharmacists trained to their 'demanding' standards.

'There you go academic, 1g of phosphate at a 1000 to 1 ratio. or it may be 10g of phosphide at a 10 to 1 ratio. Who knows? Take it and enjoy knowing that you've done your bit to destroy excellence in the cause of equality'.

I despair.

Edited once for bad spelling and a second time for bad proof reading.

Last edited:

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
Every wokeist knows maths is racist and used to oppress minorities. Maths is how we counted slaves. Maths is how we calculated the economic value of a slave. "Western" maths teaches us there's 360 degrees in a circle, some native peoples had a different way of measuring angles, and different terms for concepts such as addition or multiplication. By forcing "western" (i.e white) maths on people we're simply saying that our maths is superior and oppressing minorities.

Not only is it racist it's homophobic as well: If I put a man and woman together and come back a year later there might well be three of them (1+1=3), but if I put 2 men together then there would still only be two of them (1+1=2). Maths therefore disadvantages those from the LGBTQ* community and must be banned.

Last edited:
2. I am not good at arithmetic and this I firmly believe is because I never learnt my times tables properly.

Ok, try this...
My day.
Woke up. Woke daughter. Worked out how long we had before we had to leave to take her to work.
Looked at kettle. Saw how full it was, and calculated there was enough for 2 cups.
Stopped at petrol station. Filled up, worked out rough average consumption since last fill up.
Shops. quick tot up of basket, do I have enough cash, etc...
Started wash machine. Worked out how long til it finishes washing, so I can turn on dishwasher, then geyser, then oven, so as to maximise solar generation.
Later I'll cook dinner. Will do a lot of calculations re 'how many apples will I need to feed x folk?'
All in my head.
Does this make me a genius? Nope.
Just a bloke who uses sums..
Giving kids the news that maths is unimportant, and can be shrugged off, is a recipe for a generation of thickoes

Every wokeist knows maths is racist and used to oppress minorities. Maths is how we counted slaves. Maths is how we calculated the economic value of a slave. "Western" maths teaches us there's 360 degrees in a circle, some native peoples had a different way of measuring angles, and different terms for concepts such as addition or multiplication. By forcing "western" (i.e white) maths on people we're simply saying that our maths is superior and oppressing minorities.

Not only is it racist it's homophobic as well: If I put a man and woman together and come back a year later there might well be three of them (1+1=3), but if I put 2 men together then there would still only be two of them (1+1=2). Maths therefore disadvantages those from the LGBTQ* community and must be banned.
I laughed but... Seriously your post is barely disguishable from theirs. We are really knee deep in Poe's law now.

It cant just be me that this seriously worries. If this continues the US wont win the Manhattan project or space race of the future. Educational standards, especially here and the US are declining in comparison to the world. China are pumping out more research in AI, Quantum Computing, anything influencial, than the rest of the world combined. They're paying huge wages to top western academics to attract them. These are the same academics who came through fast track maths, physics etc.
I really dont like the look of the future for the west.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

:crying:
Now I would have thought that a place that has Silicon Valley would be encouraging these geniuses not holding them back.
I tell you the world HAS gone mad.

DarkBrig

War Hero
Ok, try this...
My day.
Woke up. Woke daughter. Worked out how long we had before we had to leave to take her to work.
Looked at kettle. Saw how full it was, and calculated there was enough for 2 cups.
Stopped at petrol station. Filled up, worked out rough average consumption since last fill up.
Started wash machine. Worked out how long til it finishes washing, so I can turn on dishwasher, then geyser, then oven, so as to maximise solar generation.
Later I'll cook dinner. Will do a lot of calculations re 'how many apples will I need to feed x folk?'
All in my head.
Giving kids the news that maths is unimportant, and can be shrugged off, is a recipe for a generation of thickoes
I'm not sure if your for or against my post.
I too can do all of those calculations, however, working out if (and this is a real bug bear of mine) 34 dishwasher tablets at 23 pence each is better than 56 tablets at £2.99 per Kg is really a struggle, as I say I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one whatever my colour.

Math is really about maths!

But on a more serious note; fcuking mental. And the comments on calculus...............
Maths is about whatever it is where you live. I took Scottish 'O' levels and what was considered as Maths in England was actually Arithmetic, Statistics and Maths in Scotland, 3 separate exams.

Throughout my life I have discovered (amongst others) two things about myself,
1. I could never be a fighter pilot as I always get Left and Right confused, I put this down to being left handed

and

If you were green you'd be one of our lizard masters and have human slaves to do the maths for you.

I read the article expecting it to be a deliberate misinterpretation of a sensible policy. There is educational research that shows mixed ability classes benefit everyone, not just the thickos.

Nope, it is as bonkers as the headline suggests. "Teachers can support discussions that center mathematical reasoning rather than issues of status and bias by intentionally defining what it means to do and learn mathematics together in ways that include and highlight the languages, identities, and practices of historically marginalized communities".

What a pile of ****. I wouldn't be surprised if this is taken up on this side of the Atlantic in a few years as the next Big Idea.

Ok, try this...
My day.
All in my head.
A generation of thickoes?
In Murica?
How could you tell the difference*?

*As evidenced by their utter cluelessness when it comes to geography.

Thickoes are easy to control and manipulate.

3500000 dead sounds way worse than 1 in 2229 over the course of more than a year.

So the march of the stupid continues.

Universities deciding spelling doesn't matter (Hull) now let's discourage people with a natural talent from developing it.

I can only hope the idiots who think this a good idea, and their families, are served by pharmicists trained to their 'demanding' standards.

'There you go academic, 1g of phosphate at a 1000 to 1 ratio. or it mat be 10g of phosphide at a 10 to 1 ratio. Who knows? Take it and enjoy knowing that you've done your bit to destroy excellence in the cause of equality'.

I despair.
I know you said spelling doesn't matter but I wonder if the pharmacists would agree?

I bet its a policy drafted up by Bill Gates thinking, right I have to pay that bitch some money, so if I prevent people being more clever than myself then I stand to maximise my earning potential?