Mates: the differences...

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by down_under, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CIVILIAN FRIENDS - Disown you for running around their house naked in front of a bunch of people none of you have ever met before
    MILITARY FRIENDS - Take photos and then join you
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS- Think its disgusting that you got so drunk you pissed your pants and drowned the phone in your pocket - in their bed
    MILITARY FRIENDS-Upon hearing what happened say "That's fucked - that's why I don't sleep with my mobile in my pocket anymore" and help you turn their mattress over
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Get upset if you are too busy to talk to them for a week
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Are glad to see you after many years; and will happily carry on the same conversation you were having last time you met.
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Never ask for food
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Are the reason you have no food
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr and Mrs
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Call your parents Mum and Dad
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Bail you out of jail and then tell you what you did was wrong
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Would be sitting next to you saying, 'Mate...we fucked up ....but what a giggle?
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Cry with you
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Borrow your stuff for a few days then give it back
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Keep your stuff so long they forget it is yours
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Know a few things about you
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Could write a book with a shed full of direct quotes from you
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that is what the crowd is doing
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Will kick the backsides of whole crowds that left you behind
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Would knock on your door
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, 'I'm home, got any beer!
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Share a few experiences.
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Share a lifetime of experiences no civilian could ever dream of.
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will take your drink away when they think you've had enough
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Will look at you stumbling all over the place and say,'You had better drink the rest of that, don't spill or waste it. Then they carry you home and put you safely to bed.
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will talk crap to the person who talks crap about you.
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Will knock the crap out of people who use your name in vain
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Know where you buried the body
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Helped you bury the body
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will call you 'mate' as a term of endearment
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Will call you 'Wanker ' C*&T or 'Tosser' as a term of endearment
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Are for a while.
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Are for life.
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will ignore this
    MILITARY FRIENDS: Will forward this to their military mates - (Done - to those who weren't on the original message!)
    CIVILIAN FRIENDS: Will turn the other way if your in a fight.
    MILITARY FRIEND: Generally the reason your in the fight; but, will be in the thick of it with you.
    CIVILIAN FRIEND: Will not talk to your for weeks after the fight.
    MILITARY FRIEND: Will state the next morning " bloody good night last night, wan it?
    CIVILLIAN FRIEND: Will not bring any beer over on the card night, wanting to drink yours.
    MILITARY FRIEND: Will at least bring a six pack and then drink your carton.
    CIVILIAN FRIEND: Will plead they have never known you in front of the Judge.
    MILITARY FRIEND: Will be standing to attention next to you at the Commanding Officers Desk.

2. This is a bit too true, I wondered why my civvi colleagues look at me strange- now I know.

3. CIVILIAN FRIENDS : Share a similar Lifestyle
    MILITARY FRIENDS Are also part of something very, VERY special

4. Cleverly edited from the 'Real Friends Vs Fake Friends', message that was doing the rounds a while back.

Military/Civilian or Real/Fake, whatever you want to name it, it is pretty accurate.