• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mates Mrs hates his mates.

My mate has just settled down and his mrs dosent like any of his old single friends to the point that were not allowed to call round his house. He often has social get togethers at his place where all her mates are invited single and married but his single mates no chance. I know this happens in life and has happend to me before , i havent done anything ever to upset her and i havent pushed my mate on the subject as hes obviously embarrassed by it but goes along with what she wants anyway. To his credit he makes great effort to remain friends and lies to her when hes out with us for a couple of pints, i wouldnt mind hes a model partner to her, big house , nice cars (all from his pocket). I know thats life but its not really logical. can any of you ladies explain whats going on in her mind before i just form the opinion shes a bitch and think no more about it ?

by the way he has told me she is very insecure but WTF ?

She thinks that having single mates means he will act as a single man does. If she's insecure like he says then she is probably worried that if he goes out with his single mates then he will be pulling birds, its her problem and it probably wont ever change.

S

A few of you lads should go around with a bottle of wine

and be on your very best behaviour

talk to her

reassure her that you and the boys are no threat to her or her relationship

show her that you are respectable

on no account stare at her chest

do NOT get drunk and grope her

iamaviking said:
My mate has just settled down and his mrs dosent like any of his old single friends to the point that were not allowed to call round his house. He often has social get togethers at his place where all her mates are invited single and married but his single mates no chance. I know this happens in life and has happend to me before , i havent done anything ever to upset her and i havent pushed my mate on the subject as hes obviously embarrassed by it but goes along with what she wants anyway. To his credit he makes great effort to remain friends and lies to her when hes out with us for a couple of pints, i wouldnt mind hes a model partner to her, big house , nice cars (all from his pocket). I know thats life but its not really logical. can any of you ladies explain whats going on in her mind before i just form the opinion shes a bitch and think no more about it ?

by the way he has told me she is very insecure but WTF ?

She sounds like a right bunny boiler .... He should get rid, whilst theres no kids involved.

I think he should man up a little bit. Who the fcuk is she to tell him who he can and cant go out with. If she doesnt trust him than thats her problem.

If she's that insecure, could be because she's been betrayed in a relationship in the past, presuming he's not done the dirty on her himself.

I'd say he should be straightforward with her, make sure she knows he is with her because he loves her, wants to be there, blah blah blah, but at the same time have the balls to be honest about going out with his friends and firm that he's not going to give them up, just as she hasn't given up her friends nor does he expect her to. The trust, etc, she presumably expects from him should be reflected in what she gives him. Lying ain't the way to go!

Of course, she could just be a control freak bitch who'll only get worse over time and if that's the case, run like the clappers fella! :eek:

Your mate needs to grow up and realise that he's married now. Being married doesn't mean being joined at the hip but surely a newly wed would want to be with her. What would be his reaction if she wanted to start going out with her old mates. Marriage ia a two way street.

Latest Threads