Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Material for an army presentation

I have been asked (by my UOTC) do deliver a presentation to the University Naval Unit on the British Army - what it does, how it's structured, what it uses etc.

I will be grateful for any help directing me towards sources for this (such as personnel numbers in Infantry, RLC, Artillery etc).

If anyone has any good ideas for exciting content (bearing in mind that it is a 40 minute lecture), you shall have my eternal thanks.

Yours.

Marvin

Tried the army main website? failing that just walk into local AFCO and be nice to the recruiting Sargeant; they'll usually bend over backwards for a break in the boredom of waiting for spotty, brainless chavs to walk through the door.

Obviously remember to split down into Combat, Combat Support and Service Support arms, explain the concept of a battlegroup, tell 'em about the different types of inf and cav and how they come together to form the front line: armoured inf vs light role; FR vs MBT cavalry etc. Your friendly local AFCO Sgt might be able to give you some video's etc. If so you'll just be able to natter for five minutes to start, stick on the TV for 10 and ask "any questions" at the end.

But whatever you do KEEP YOUR ARSSE UP AGAINST A WALL !!!

EASY
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

"THE ARMY!! WE DO ALL THE S***E JOBS NO ONE ELSE CAN BE BOTHERED WITH"
ANY QUESTIONS

THANK YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
PLEASE KEEP THE NOISE DOWN ON YOUR WAY OUT AS OTHERS ARE STILL WORKING

Give the guys on the Army Presentation Team a call. You can find their number on the Army website. They have a student presentation team that give a 30 minute lecture covering all aspects of the British Army and its roles around the world.

If you ask nicely, they may even do the presentation for you. Depending on how much of a heads up you give them.

Any probs getting hold of a number, PM me.

MSI64 said:
EASY
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!

"THE ARMY!! WE DO ALL THE S***E JOBS NO ONE ELSE CAN BE BOTHERED WITH"
ANY QUESTIONS

THANK YOU LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
PLEASE KEEP THE NOISE DOWN ON YOUR WAY OUT AS OTHERS ARE STILL WORKING

Now where have i heard that before???????????????????
OH YES
Op Fresco
Foot and Mouth
Iraq
Afghanistan

You must remember to tell them that the army keeps AIRBORNE as their inbred 'walts'. Everyone else works for a living :lol: :wink: