Matelot assigned to HQ 6th Division in Afghanistan....

Hi Arrsers,

I have just been told I am going out to Afghanistan in Oct and according to an email I saw today I will be something to do with HQ 6 Div. You now know as much about this draft as I do!

I am a female clerk in the RN and I was wondering if there is anyone on here that has/does work with HQ 6 Div. I googled them and they are based out of York and are to do with ISAF in South Afghanistan, sorry if I am telling you something you all already know.

Is there anyone on here that has any experience of working with/for this division that could give me a slight heads up about what they might need me for?

Many thanks in advance...

Post a pic and we will tell you. :wink:

Pigsbum said:
Is there anyone on here that has any experience of working with/for this division that could give me a slight heads up about what they might need me for?

Many thanks in advance...
Yes I work for them. My job basically entails new clerks muffing my puckered starfish. Forward your address to me and I'll pop round to validate you.

Great! This'll be a real step up in status for me then, just the kind of thing I've been looking for!

littlejim said:
They've even been known to fire on the RAF.
Utter B@stards, that's like kicking the andrex puppy....

Pigsbum said:
It won't be for anything that requires a picture. I am rats!
Towards the end of a six month tour everyone will think you look like a supermodel (until the wheels touch down in Brize anyway).

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
boney_m said:
Ducks under the wah parapit!

An MRX is a Mission Rehersal Exercise.
My bold - a hole for the air borne bretheren?

("Parapet") [Spelling Nazi /off]

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
boney_m said:
Ducks under the wah parapit!

An MRX is a Mission Rehersal Exercise.
My bold - a hole for the air borne bretheren?

("Parapet") [Spelling Nazi /off]

I'm sure I appear to be the stupidest person ever BUT......

Why would a RN Clerk need to go on an Infantry Mission Rehersal Exercise?! That sounds suspiciously like lots of running around in a field.

This is honestly not a wah or a bite, I've been given no info so far about what I am doing.

stacker1 said:
Pigsbum said:
It won't be for anything that requires a picture. I am rats!
Towards the end of a six month tour everyone will think you look like a supermodel (until the wheels touch down in Brize anyway).
"Dy'hearthere, we are now outside the breakwater, all wrens are now divs!" lol

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Pigsbum said:
I'm sure I appear to be the stupidest person ever BUT......

Why would a RN Clerk need to go on an Infantry Mission Rehersal Exercise?! That sounds suspiciously like lots of running around in a field.

This is honestly not a wah or a bite, I've been given no info so far about what I am doing.
Or as you're going to be in HQ, being a brew bitch in a tent :D

I know two RN types who have deployed to AFG (to the HQ) within the last 6 months. It was a bit of a shock to them! Bergen, boots, gat and the CFT! Shock, horror!

Funny thing is, I haven't heard from them since they deployed.... they must be enjoying it!

Litotes

Couldnt tell you what a gat is but CFT is Comfy Firm Test, its just a quick sleep on your mattress to check its all ok.

Oooh lovely! I hope my mattress is a memory foam one, that really makes a difference to my nightly 9 hours!