Matelot assigned to HQ 6th Division in Afghanistan....

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Pigsbum, Jun 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Arrsers,

I have just been told I am going out to Afghanistan in Oct and according to an email I saw today I will be something to do with HQ 6 Div. You now know as much about this draft as I do!

I am a female clerk in the RN and I was wondering if there is anyone on here that has/does work with HQ 6 Div. I googled them and they are based out of York and are to do with ISAF in South Afghanistan, sorry if I am telling you something you all already know.

Is there anyone on here that has any experience of working with/for this division that could give me a slight heads up about what they might need me for?

Many thanks in advance...
  2. Post a pic and we will tell you. :wink:
  3. It won't be for anything that requires a picture. I am rats!
  4. A woman getting posted to Afghanistan on her own? Lost in transit and wandering the country?

Better be careful. The Taliban have no respect for the helpless. They've even been known to fire on the RAF.
  5. Yes I work for them. My job basically entails new clerks muffing my puckered starfish. Forward your address to me and I'll pop round to validate you.
  6. Great! This'll be a real step up in status for me then, just the kind of thing I've been looking for!
  7. Whoo hoo, I've scored!

Good luck in Afghan anyway.
  8. Thanks!

Apparently I have to go on a 2 week MRX, anyone know what that is?
  9. Utter B@stards, that's like kicking the andrex puppy....
  10. Ducks under the wah parapit!

An MRX is a Mission Rehersal Exercise.
  11. Towards the end of a six month tour everyone will think you look like a supermodel (until the wheels touch down in Brize anyway).
  12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

My bold - a hole for the air borne bretheren?

("Parapet") [Spelling Nazi /off]
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

My bold - a hole for the air borne bretheren?

("Parapet") [Spelling Nazi /off]
  14. I'm sure I appear to be the stupidest person ever BUT......

Why would a RN Clerk need to go on an Infantry Mission Rehersal Exercise?! That sounds suspiciously like lots of running around in a field.

This is honestly not a wah or a bite, I've been given no info so far about what I am doing.
  15. "Dy'hearthere, we are now outside the breakwater, all wrens are now divs!" lol