Mate on drugs......

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by The_Incredible_Hulk, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a mate who is purposely smoking weed to get out and planning on telling the SSM on monday that he got caught by the police who let him off because they told him to go back to the army and own up. I dont think this will work, I think the army will try and help him but thats not what he wants, he said he will do harder drugs if need be ?? Im stuck with what to suggest to him, ive told him to stay in but no chance of changing his mind I think. Will his plan work ?? Should I mention it to the SSM now ??

2. Oh thats clever, get kicked out of the forces for using drugs? Great way of securing a civvy job. Why does your mate want out so quickly anyway?

3. Family type stuff etc, civvy job wise shouldnt be affected he reckons, he doesnt need the armys reference and he wont get a civvy criminal record, ive tried this angle on him but he wont budge, seems to think he has all angles covered !!

4. How long has he been in?

5. Hes a rejoin, been in 6 years before and then about a year and a bit this time, I think.

6. So he would still have to give in a years notice then?

7. Yeah, he cant give it yet though as I believe he still has nearly a year before he can sign off

8. Fcuk him. You have done your bit as a mate, but if he really wants to be chucked out for being druggy then he is not worth your time and energy.

9. His plan will work, because to stay in he will have to agree to be rehabilitated and he's obviously not going to do that.

He sounds like an immature retard. I would suggest you distance yourself from him. There could be alot of stink over this and you really don't want to get caught up in it.

10. I know what you mean Tiger, I just dont want him to go in on monday and not get his desired goal and then go even further. Its never a dead cert is it ?? I have heard about some 2nd chance thing that goes on at times ??

11. I didnt realise you had to agree to it, id heard it was like prison but for rehabilitation !! Weve had some people booted on a recent CDT so there seems to be a trent at the moment !!

13. Zero tolerance my arse. Weak COs are always letting the knobbers off.

Shame the incredible hulks friend won't go to collie, just to put off people doing the same in future.

14. Sticking them in coveralls and boots and beasting them around camp in their own little platoon for weeks on end before getting the boot was the way forward :D

15. If people are really determined to burn their bridges it's best just to get out of the way. At the end of the day he is a grown man and is responsible for his own life.