Matching pay....?

#1
Can anyone shine any light on this for me? In the current thinking, do the M.O.D match you civi pay, now by that I mean...Pte Bloggs joins an infantry unit, decides to do a tour, in civi street he works in a bank for 60K a year as a Pte he`d get 14K, will the MOD (Chilwell) really pay Pte Bloggs 60K to do a tour, when they could get 3 Ptes for the same amount of money.

Am I getting my point across, has anyone ever come across this?
 
#3
The MOD will match your civvy pay.

And if Pte Bloggs works for an American Company, chances are they will continue to pay him while he is mobilised.

msr
 

xpat

Old-Salt
#5
msr said:
The MOD will match your civvy pay.

And if Pte Bloggs works for an American Company, chances are they will continue to pay him while he is mobilised.

msr
Seriously??!!??

:eek:

That's a high 9 on the gobsmackometer. They do take their reserves seriously over there, eh?
 
G

Goku

Guest
#6
The regular army is undermanned and overstretched, which is why TA Pte blogs will have his civvy wage matched.

This will no doubt change when either:
a) Our commitments in Iraqistan drastically decrease
b) Regular manpower drastically increases

I believe our wage is matched up to £200k regardless of rank.
 
#8
I thought the wage caps were lifted a couple of years ago?
 
#9
http://www2.army.mod.uk/linkedfiles/rtmc/notice_of_callout.pdf

Parliament has imposed ceilings, in Statutory Instrument Number 859 Defence of
2005, on the maximum payment (military salary plus RA) to be made according to certain
criteria. These ceilings, which include the combined earnings and benefits, as described
in Paragraphs 5 and 6 below, are as follows:
a. For accredited medical consultants whose relevant service is within
the Defence Medical services as a medical consultant: £822 per day.
b. For all other reservists: £548 per day.



msr
 
#10
Cheers MSR!!

£548 a day, if only!!! But it still poses the question, would they pay £548 for a Pte, or would Chilwell send you on your way, and take Ptes X,Y,Z instead on a normal Pte wages?

Has anyone been knocked back by Chilwell like this?
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#13
Not difficult really xxxx and I (if I was fit and daft enough or didnt tell the wife) could roll up and have proof of income that would as company directors match the upper limits if required! Now would they pay it if they really needed a fat old drunkard ex grunt to stag on?
 
#14
Mongoose said:
If he's getting 60k a year in Civvy Street a) I doubt he's a private
Why not? I ask this because I know privates that earn more than this, and I'm interested to know why you think it wouldn't happen. Do you think that people that earn that much wouldn't join, or that they would automatically go for a commission?
 
#15
Bit of both really, but fair play to them if they're willing to play the game. I imagined that TA Major or such like would be their preferred role... (I'm such a cynic)
 
#17
ugly said:
Now would they pay it if they really needed a fat old drunkard ex grunt to stag on?
Theres a place for you in 275 Railway troop! :D
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#19
Barrack Room Lawyer said:
ugly said:
Now would they pay it if they really needed a fat old drunkard ex grunt to stag on?
Theres a place for you in 275 Railway troop! :D
I'm trying to stay away from trains and track, polishing seats is more my line!
 
#20
modwatchdog said:
Cheers MSR!!

£548 a day, if only!!! But it still poses the question, would they pay £548 for a Pte, or would Chilwell send you on your way, and take Ptes X,Y,Z instead on a normal Pte wages?

Has anyone been knocked back by Chilwell like this?
Chilwell will pay you your civvie wage + TA wage (based on the last years earnings) and take into account any pay rises that you can prove you would have got in civvie street.

The J1 cell there are actually very helpful whatever rank you are and however much you earn.

The point is, that in your quote above privates X,Y and Z dont exist which is why they are using the reserve to plug the gaps in ongoing ops.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads