Matching pay....?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by modwatchdog, Jul 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone shine any light on this for me? In the current thinking, do the M.O.D match you civi pay, now by that I mean...Pte Bloggs joins an infantry unit, decides to do a tour, in civi street he works in a bank for 60K a year as a Pte he`d get 14K, will the MOD (Chilwell) really pay Pte Bloggs 60K to do a tour, when they could get 3 Ptes for the same amount of money.

Am I getting my point across, has anyone ever come across this?
  2. If he's getting 60k a year in Civvy Street a) I doubt he's a private and b) I think someone at MOD would **** him right off.
  3. msr

msr LE

The MOD will match your civvy pay.

And if Pte Bloggs works for an American Company, chances are they will continue to pay him while he is mobilised.

4. Not impossible....ask me in a few weeks not as much but a lot :wink:
  5. Seriously??!!??

That's a high 9 on the gobsmackometer. They do take their reserves seriously over there, eh?
  6. The regular army is undermanned and overstretched, which is why TA Pte blogs will have his civvy wage matched.

This will no doubt change when either:
    a) Our commitments in Iraqistan drastically decrease
    b) Regular manpower drastically increases

I believe our wage is matched up to £200k regardless of rank.
  7. Cheers Guys. Are there any websites, that give rank wage caps, do we know?
  8. I thought the wage caps were lifted a couple of years ago?
  9. msr

msr LE

Parliament has imposed ceilings, in Statutory Instrument Number 859 Defence of
    2005, on the maximum payment (military salary plus RA) to be made according to certain
    criteria. These ceilings, which include the combined earnings and benefits, as described
    in Paragraphs 5 and 6 below, are as follows:
    a. For accredited medical consultants whose relevant service is within
    the Defence Medical services as a medical consultant: £822 per day.
    b. For all other reservists: £548 per day.

10. Cheers MSR!!

£548 a day, if only!!! But it still poses the question, would they pay £548 for a Pte, or would Chilwell send you on your way, and take Ptes X,Y,Z instead on a normal Pte wages?

Has anyone been knocked back by Chilwell like this?
  11. Plus they also take into account any TA wages you would have received and add them on!
  12. Yes they would pay £548 to a Private without questioning it as long as you can provide evidence of your income.
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not difficult really xxxx and I (if I was fit and daft enough or didnt tell the wife) could roll up and have proof of income that would as company directors match the upper limits if required! Now would they pay it if they really needed a fat old drunkard ex grunt to stag on?
  14. Why not? I ask this because I know privates that earn more than this, and I'm interested to know why you think it wouldn't happen. Do you think that people that earn that much wouldn't join, or that they would automatically go for a commission?
  15. Bit of both really, but fair play to them if they're willing to play the game. I imagined that TA Major or such like would be their preferred role... (I'm such a cynic)