Masterchef

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
A bit of patience and tolerance here, folk. Some of you will be aware of this exercise in ritual humiliation and chef-walting, compered by bald ex-greengrocer and failed restaurateur Greg Wallace and his oppo, Aussie fusion chef John Torode. The premise will be familiar - amateur chefs compete with one another. It's great TV and Mrs Glad and I are glued to it.

This series:

Good news: one competitor is ex-Army.
Bad news: she's a shrieky harridan who was in the RMP for a few years.

Binned after the second challenge. Ambitions far outweighing competence.

Naafi may have been a better choice to discuss the puerile shite that is masterchef.

I once wrote to the BBC asking why they employ the fruit and veg buffoon (in a different but potentially interesting prgramme) but they chose not to answer beyond thanking me for my feedback.

Didn't realise the shouty oaf was a failed restaurateur though... the failure doesn't actually surprise me but every day a school day eh.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A bit of patience and tolerance here, folk. Some of you will be aware of this exercise in ritual humiliation and chef-walting, compered by bald ex-greengrocer and failed restaurateur Greg Wallace and his oppo, Aussie fusion chef John Torode. The premise will be familiar - amateur chefs compete with one another. It's great TV and Mrs Glad and I are glued to it.

This series:

I'm saying the dippy girl was RAF

Naafi may have been a better choice to discuss the puerile shite that is masterchef.

I once wrote to the BBC asking why they employ the fruit and veg buffoon (in a different but potentially interesting prgramme) but they chose not to answer beyond thanking me for my feedback.

Didn't realise the shouty oaf was a failed restaurateur though... the failure doesn't actually surprise me but every day a school day eh.
I know someone who went on this show quite recently.

Apparently, the fruit and veg bufoon is a raging alcoholic. Pissed from morning to night. Probably explains the constant bufoonery.

Sadly Mrs SA is addicted, to Masterchef, Masterchef the professionals, celebrity Masterchef, Masterchef Australia, Masterchef USA.

Thankfully they no longer show Masterchef New Zealand & Masterchef Canada on satellite...

I can just about stomach the aus one, however it goes on for months, the format is superior to our version though.

As for the little fat grocer, disembowelling with a blunt spoon would be my chosen method of death for him...

Last edited:
I'd force feed that annoying twat all the rations he takes great pains to criticise.

Then I'd hit the shouty pillock with a ladle until his head exploded.

I don't like him.

Cooking shows like this, Oliver's and Ramsay's is one of many reasons why I cut the cord and refuse to pay for cable TV anymore.

About the only cooking show I ever cared for was Two Fat Ladies, and even then I still didn't find it really that compulsive a show to watch.

My missus was watching this and was keen to tell me that the contestant was ex-army but couldn't remember the cap badge and she didn't recognise any of the acronyms I gave her.

I could just tell she was RMP.

I could tell she wasn't an RLC chef because there weren't any self-harm marks on her arms and when she served the food up to the judges she didn't scowl at them and try and get them to pay for the protein items.

Cooking shows.
SWMBO likes Masterchef, I tolerate it.
I don't really like any of the others with the exception of some of Rick Steins programmes.

bill121koln

Old-Salt
I watch Masterchef Australia, USA and Junior USA (far better chefs than the US adults!) with SWMBO and that's my limit.
Additionally, SWMBO also watches vast quantities of other slop jockey shite like: cupcake wars, my kitchen rules, iron chef and other shite I just cannot name. Whilst shes watching all this shite I quietly indulge in my iPad during the cold dark months and pop up the garage tinkering with the Bike and Trikes during the warmer lighter months.

no f in beer

Old-Salt
7 year old totally loves Masterchef, Target audience ?

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer

This series:

Could she not find any decent banana recipes?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Cooking shows.
SWMBO likes Masterchef, I tolerate it.
I don't really like any of the others with the exception of some of Rick Steins programmes.
I've gone off him a bit. Over exposure I suppose. I used to like the Hairy Bikers, but they've gone a bit strange lately, I can't put my finger on it and to be honest I really don't want to either.
To be honest there are far to many cookery, food programmes on the telly.
There is one very annoying twat who isn't even on the telly. He shows up on The Simon Mayo Radio 2 Drive Time programme once a week. He is such an annoying full of himself twat!

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
The only cookery type show I'll watch is those with Hugh Fearnley-Doublebarrell. Knows hes posh but doesn't come across, IMHO, as patronising or snobbish.

Jamie Oliver, though, and his twat of a mate Jimmy are a different matter.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Joker62 Cookery 109
jarrod248 Cookery 168
S The NAAFI Bar 24

Latest Threads