Masterchef - The Professionals

He’s awful
[Slightly off topic]

There is also a programme called ‘inside the factory', primarily about food which I believe is or was a BBC thing. Could have been a very interesting /informative programme but for the gurning shouty twot also making that series quite unwatchable.

[/Slightly off topic]

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is the completely talent free shouty greengrocer pillock there to dumb the whole thing down to 'unwatchable’?
I'm.just waiting for the day that they do a live episode and someone just tells him to "fcuk off, what do you know about food other than eating it, you pikey barrow boy".

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'm.just waiting for the day that they do a live episode and someone just tells him to "fcuk off, what do you know about food other than eating it, you pikey barrow boy".

You’ve sent your application?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You’ve sent your application?
I'm not allowed to apply, I'm not a celebrity, so one show out, not a professional so another show out and because I was a professional, I can't go on the amateur show.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'm not allowed to apply, I'm not a celebrity, so one show out, not a professional so another show out and because I was a professional, I can't go on the amateur show.

But you’re a professional chef? Have to be working as one? Tell them you cook for me in my yacht.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
He’d be fantastic replacement for Greg but they’d need lots of bleeps.
Just imagine, day 2 of the new season:-
Monica, whats today's skill test
Greg, today I want our chefs to make a vanilla pannacotta with a raspberry coulis.
Jesus, another fkin pudding, can't you do some proper food with meat and chips FFS!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Just imagine, day 2 of the new season:-
Monica, whats today's skill test
Greg, today I want our chefs to make a vanilla pannacotta with a raspberry coulis.
Jesus, another fkin pudding, can't you do some proper food with meat and chips FFS!

Shift you tart I’ve got this, Marcus Chuck me that steak and them spuds.

But you’re a professional chef? Have to be working as one? Tell them you cook for me in my yacht.

jarrod, earlier today...
SAIL1-GOPR0428_67249612_177861092_69612602_179346092.jpg

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I’m looking forward to a couple of Christmas presents - Michelin guide 2020 and good pub guide 2020. We aren’t far from the 2* Sat Bains, but the menu doesn’t suit the missus.
Because Mrs F and I are the 'go to' party, catering, BBQ and Xmas dinner providers for our extended family we were treated by the aforementioned to a 12 course tasting menu at Sat Bains gaff. I decided, as it was our wedding anniversary, to stay over for the night so I could indulge in the matched wines with each course.
It was a pleasurable experience, the food was excellent, the wine was well matched (the young sommelier was informative without being a total show off twat) the accommodation was very good and breakfast a delight. We were invited to go into the kitchen to see how it worked and had a chat with Sat. I explained that I had trained in the army and worked most of my career in industrial catering - gas platforms in the North sea and oil wells in Libya, Saudi, Nigeria, Gabon and was just a cook really. Sat replied "we are all cooks" and pointing to several of his staff continued "as good as they are, some of my lads couldn't feed 200 in a remote desert location."

It still hurt though with a bill for £420 for dinner bed and breakfast.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Because Mrs F and I are the 'go to' party, catering, BBQ and Xmas dinner providers for our extended family we were treated by the aforementioned to a 12 course tasting menu at Sat Bains gaff. I decided, as it was our wedding anniversary, to stay over for the night so I could indulge in the matched wines with each course.
It was a pleasurable experience, the food was excellent, the wine was well matched (the young sommelier was informative without being a total show off twat) the accommodation was very good and breakfast a delight. We were invited to go into the kitchen to see how it worked and had a chat with Sat. I explained that I had trained in the army and worked most of my career in industrial catering - gas platforms in the North sea and oil wells in Libya, Saudi, Nigeria, Gabon and was just a cook really. Sat replied "we are all cooks" and pointing to several of his staff continued "as good as they are, some of my lads couldn't feed 200 in a remote desert location."

It still hurt though with a bill for £420 for dinner bed and breakfast.
TBH, I doubt any of these "fine dining" chefs could do the job we done. I started off on the "fine dining" side of things in London's West End before I joined up, learned bulk catering at St Omer and away I went.A little later in my career, I was spotted doing caskets and chaudfroid work for buffets by my MC and he asked where I learned, so I told him, next move Sgts Mess, 6 months later Offrs Mess, all due to the ability to bulk cook and then turn it on restaurant style for Mess work and Regtl Dinners. There can't be too many Ptes that have Brigadier's letter thanking them for an excellent dinner night or charity Sunday Curry Lunch (it was also nice that the Sgt who'd been in charge of this, but left me to it, pointed out me out when thanked in person by the Brig).
I'd call £420 a result for the kind of night/morning you had.

They've done amateurs, professionals and celebrities. Why not food critics - they talk the talk - see how many could walk the walk?

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
TBH, I doubt any of these "fine dining" chefs could do the job we done. I started off on the "fine dining" side of things in London's West End before I joined up, learned bulk catering at St Omer and away I went.A little later in my career, I was spotted doing caskets and chaudfroid work for buffets by my MC and he asked where I learned, so I told him, next move Sgts Mess, 6 months later Offrs Mess, all due to the ability to bulk cook and then turn it on restaurant style for Mess work and Regtl Dinners. There can't be too many Ptes that have Brigadier's letter thanking them for an excellent dinner night or charity Sunday Curry Lunch (it was also nice that the Sgt who'd been in charge of this, but left me to it, pointed out me out when thanked in person by the Brig).
I'd call £420 a result for the kind of night/morning you had.
I joined JTR at 15 and 2 months. Previous experience was in domestic science with the girls whilst my mates all got cold, wet and bruised playing 'games'. As a newly minted Pte I was in the officers mess at RAVC Depot, Melton Mowbray not with a letter of thanks but with a round of drinks from each of the officers to thank me for the meal (nothing special, just the normal dinner) there were a dozen or so officers and I was drunk as a 17 year old skunk come clean down. It was a one man job in those days. You remember the little things if they made a difference to you. I know it lit a fire under me and I had a great time there.
The £420 was my contribution. The family had chipped in £150. But, as you say, worth it if only for the experience.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
They've done amateurs, professionals and celebrities. Why not food critics - they talk the talk - see how many could walk the walk?
I agree. Stick shouty, no talent Wallace in for good measure. Surely after all the iterations of this programme over the years he must have learnt something. One would hope.

Rab_C

LE
I agree. Stick shouty, no talent Wallace in for good measure. Surely after all the iterations of this programme over the years he must have learnt something. One would hope.
I hang my head in shame but there is a good sticky toffee pudding recipe on BBC Food, it was only after the second time that I had made it that found out it was from Greg Wallace.

Latest Threads